cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection dropping - need to sign in

HammondJW2

Internet connection dropping - need to sign in

Only signed up to PlusNet last week and this is my third issue with their broadband service already!

This latest one is odd. Since the BT Engineer came round to enable my line yesterday, I've had my service cut out intermittently - usually every few hours. Opening a new browser takes me to the Hub Manager where I login and it tells me I'm currently signed in as MYUSERNAME@plusdsl.net. Right, great... But then it makes me sign in again with this information before connectivity is restored. What's that about? 

Briefly - I'm on a DSL connection with a Hub One. I've got a Powerline network throughout the house using TD-LINK A1200's with Wi-Fi Booster, along with a few wireless devices. The drop of service affects all of them simultaneously. 

9 REPLIES 9
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Internet connection dropping - need to sign in

Try substituting your actual user name, for "MYUSERNAME".

When received from PN, the Router is usually preconfigured with your user name/password.

HammondJW2

Thanks. Yes, I've cleverly coded my actual username with MYUSERNAME. I've already entered that. And the hub keeps asking me to re-enter it every few hours. That's the problem!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Which router have you got?

What are the lights doing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HammondJW2

Plusnet Hub One.
When the connection drops, the main light is orange/red and a red b lights up underneath that.

Opening up a new browser window and re-entering my credentials immediately takes connectivity.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

It sounds like your router is faulty. Do you have another you could use?

HammondJW2

Nope. It's the one provided by PlusNet, so if that is the issue, I'd expect them to send another one out. Although this seems more like an authentication issue than any sort of forwarding issue, so I imagine it's not the fault of the router.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The router shoud hold your credentials, even if its switched off, so if its not doing that it is faulty. Have you spoken to PN to get a new one?

HammondJW2

Not yet. Hoping I would be able to solve this without involving them, as I've not had a call answered by them in anything under 40 minutes since I joined them.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having connection problems

Can you factory reset your router for me please and let me know if that does the trick?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet