cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet comes and goes every 40 seconds

JackDanielpnet

Internet comes and goes every 40 seconds

Hi all,

For the last few days my internet has suddenly started dropping in and out every 20-30 seconds, it's like someones at plusnet flicking a switch on and off just for the crack. but when it works it works well. 

I've tried phoning plusnet but they have an hour wait time right now Sad  Could someone at Plusnet check on this for me?  This is massively effecting my job and person life and i need it fixed. 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
eleriprice
Hooked

Re: Internet comes and goes every 40 seconds

All too frequently get told  "service unavailable" on screen & "server error" is another old chestnut posted on the e mail too. Contacted plusnet via some chat system which was of no help at all.It seems the fault is never on their side but always on the customer's side !! Tedious.

Jay
Hooked

Having something similar; for a week, PN comes and goes.  Sometimes taking MINUTES to process a short email and dropping the service too.  I've complained many times about this, but nothing seems to improve.   Sometimes, I switch to another provider to send routine stuff.

Vivi-S
Grafter
Fixes: 1

This has been happening to me too & my broadband speed has dropped from 3.6 to 2.8 mbps.  It always seems to happen after there has been Plusnet maintenance.  My internet has been working fine until the beginning of this week.  Hope someone @ Plusnet is reading these comments & acts on them.

Snarf
Grafter

We have the same problem here. Only seems to kick in in the evenings though, during the day we're able to stream NowTV and similar no problem. Is this traffic prioritisation? A speed test highlights the problem fast, nothing, fast, nothing. Couldn't get through to customer services either, I'm hoping things at Plusnet towers haven't gone downhill since I was last here!
Vivi-S
Grafter
Fixes: 1

My line speed is nearly back to normal & the stability of internet is much better.  I think it might have been the upset of scheduled maintenance causing problems.  Has anyone else seen improvements?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Whilst I appreciate that you may all be having issues with your service it's incredibly unlikely to be the same cause, especially with intermittent connections as that is related to the sync between your router and the cab/exchange.

I'm going to use this thread to respond to the thread starter @JackDanielpnet however if the others are still having problems, please start your own threads and we'll pick those up and respond.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@JackDanielpnet

As you can see from this image, your line was disconnecting a lot up until around 3 days ago. Did anything change at that point?

Since the line came back up on Sunday afternoon it's been very stable. Are you still having problems?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.