cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Usage

deadwarrior63

Internet Usage

I apoligise if this is in the wrong place.
I live with my parents who have Plusnet Unlimited. I am a heavy surfer, streamer, gamer and downloader. If given the chance I could easily download 100's of GB's a month. I keep getting into "disputes" with my parents over out usage. Is there any chance of getting a call or letter regarding usage. One day of almost pure downloading I reached 9.6GB but the average is around 3-4GB a day. Would it be okay to go beyond this. My line speed is only 3mb so I don't expect to be straining any systems but if I, say, wanted to download 500GB (if that is even possible on my line) would that be a problem..?
Thanks very much,
deadwarrior63
8 REPLIES 8
apjashley1
Grafter

Re: Internet Usage

If you're on Unlimited - there's no chance of getting a letter/call.
It's completely unmetered.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the 'Unlimited' package is the one that was made available in December 2012, then Plusnet have made it clear that you can use as much as you like.
If the 'Unlimited' package is that product sold back in 2009, then there might be some fair usage policy for extremely heavy downloaders.
If it is the old product, then upgrade to the current 'Unlimited' product and save yourself a lot of money !
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

If your on a Plusnet Unlimited Package , then there is no FUP you can download as much as you like at what time you like, you will get no calls or letters.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Nobody has reported any issues with limits or restrictions being placed on Plusnet Unlimited.  Plusnet say it really is unlimited so if you can manage to download 500GB in a month you should be fine.  Except, perhaps, that you should try to get out more?
deadwarrior63

Thanks very much guys. Its the new package so I guess I can download all I want. I read it as TRULY UNLIMITED but wanted to make sure. As I already said: thanks for the quick replies  Grin
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

.. and welcome to the forum deadwarrior63 Smiley
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Quote from: purleigh
If the 'Unlimited' package is that product sold back in 2009, then there might be some fair usage policy for extremely heavy downloaders.

A moot point now but the old Unlimited doesn't have an FUP but there is some heavy traffic management in the evenings.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

deadwarrior63

Quote from: I
.. and welcome to the forum deadwarrior63 Smiley

Thanks Smiley
*This can be deleted or moved or whatever now.. I got my answer Cheesy