cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speeds Have Dropped Significantly

zchowdry97

Internet Speeds Have Dropped Significantly

Hi,
Basically I have been a plusnet customer for just over 2 years or maybe longer, and in about august I started to run into very slight speed problems, I was getting 2.2mbps/0.25mbps download/upload and I rang plusnet and they confirmed that the my line was capable of achieving 3mbps so they "magically speeded it up to 3mbps for me" and assured me it could not go any higher. I honestly remember calling again the week later because it had dropped to about 1.8mbps download and this time again somehow they told me that I could expect to get 6mbps on my line? which is a bit fishy if you ask me like they are capping me.
Anyways in the past week my internet has again slowed down, but much more severely to 1.2mbps/0.35mbps which is ridiculous, why am I paying such an amount of money to get a quarter of the speed than they said I could? I have tried doing various things like trying another router, trying the test socket and also as the customer service had asked me to, I tried the bt speedtest and clicked on further diagnostics, but when done, it said there were no problems detected with your line.
In short could anything be done to hepl me get back to normal speed again?
Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
thesawdust
Grafter

Re: Internet Speeds Have Dropped Significantly

Maybe a phone fault? Possibly this weather has taking effect.
Can you paste some router stats?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I can see you've called our support team and a fault's been raised, our faults team should be getting in touch with you as soon as they've been able to get the line tested. Hope it's sorted quickly for you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Note inadvertent poll removed ]