Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Security Office

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Internet Security Office

I had a call from the ISO  (Indian man,  with 'international number' on the handset.  The man said that I have errors everytime I connect to the Internet.  And have been sending me warnings.  And if I don't follow his instructions my internet would be cut off.
They also asked if I had my computer with me and I said no and why do you need me to go on the comp.
they said well your connection is not very secure.
And I said ' how'd you know then? I am not interested!' 
He got very aggressive, so I hung up.
I do occasionally do P2P for downlaoding aircraft for FSX
If it is a warning to cut me service off,  wouldn't they have to say Are you 'Jamie XXXXX'  and your ISP is 'Plusnet'  and your Landline is '0191xxxxxxx' ?
I'm not worried as I gave no details but just warning other people if it is a scam?
Cheers,  J
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Internet Security Office

It's just another variation of an old scam.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Finguz
Grafter

Re: Internet Security Office

I always tell them I'm running Linux, which results in them putting the phone down immediately, at least it has on the 4 or 5 occasions I've had calls over the last few years.
I always wait until I've wasted a good chunk of their time first though  Grin