Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Provider Choices

silverfinch
Grafter

Internet Provider Choices

Hello Matt Taylor,
Don't think you can help me - beyond help. Just getting a bit fed up with internet keep going down. It stopped doing that for a while but doing it again now. The 'fix' is annoying now as it stopped 'fixing' saying it does not support IE below 6 - I have never been on that as only had laptop for coming up to a year and plucked up courage to download IE 11 over two months ago! Also very confusing with all the offers out there (trouble with having computer hey). Also don't know what you will be charging me from February as I was on a special offer. May be able to negotiate with Sky, not sure. I do like the people at plus.net. Have about a month to think about it. At least I know I will not go over the 10GB limit. the most use was Microsoft onto me for nearly 3 hours  sorting out Office and then Norton sorting out there mess!
Thank you so much for showing an interest, nice to know you do read these things!
Regards
Silver

2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Internet Provider Choices

It would appear that you are trying to use Plusnet Assist - not really a good idea
Can you explain the problem to us and we may be able to assist
Regarding getting to the end of your special offer - why don't you call the Customer Retention Team on 0330 123 9197 and see what they can offer. You may well be pleasantly surprised
silverfinch
Grafter

Re: Internet Provider Choices

Hello Old Jim, yes I will give them a ring, think my contract ends 11th Feb so better get on with it.
Internet connection just suddenly drops out - forum have kindly tried to help with this in the past but I am too unsure of myself to play with the router & change bands or whatever they are called, Went into it once and it frightened the life out of me. Will just have to put up with it. I thought it had been solved when BT renewed all the poles/wires in our road back in the summer. Have forgotten how to do it anyway ( I have had a stroke so things in my brain come & go and just can't get my head around all the technical terms). Will ring today. Thank you.
Yippee....lovely young man says I can have my broadband/internet for £2.50, that a little less than I am paying now. Wonderful result. Thank you once again.