Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Dropping continually

Rybenuk
Grafter

Internet Dropping continually

Hi

Ever since renewing my contract at end of November i`ve been experiencing random, but continual internet drop outs. Some days they dont happen for ages, other days they happen regularly at all times through the day and night with no indication of what im doing to cause them. Because its a full drop, all wired and wireless connections go down. I have no other phones/extentions on property and only have 1 gaming PC and my phone connected at any one time so im hardly maxing bandwidth.

They occur at random with the internet light on router going out (the DSL light remains on)

Things i`ve tried with no effect:

1. Test socket quiet test - No issues, seems fine - no pops or crackles

2. Using Test Socket on its own

3. Replaced Filter with new one

4. Replaced RJ cable with new one

5. Replaced router with brand new ASUS one (still not received my new plusnet router despite being told i would get one?)

6. Replaced all ethernet cables with new ones.

All the above has done nothing to sort this and i`m still getting the drops which makes being online frustrating and annoying now, especially when online gaming, as the drops often only last about 20 seconds but means im kicked. Im also now getting lower speeds than before due to it seeing me as a bad/unstable line with the drop outs.

Not sure how to remedy this now as it all points to a fault on the outside line that only Plusnet/Openreach can look into.

Also when i try to register a fault via the website i get an "Access Denied" message which is useless.

I wasnt having any issues until i renewed contract (its probably coincidental but is curious)

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Internet Dropping continually

Thanks for your post @Rybenuk and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having connection issues.

I'd like to arrange an Openreach engineer appointment with you to investigate further.

Could you reply to the ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet