cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Disconnects every 30 mins

frosty1957

Internet Disconnects every 30 mins

Hi
I am very new to Plus net and have only been with the service for a matter of weeks, and can sadly say it got off on the wrong foot from day one.
I signed up for the Pro package as I wanted a constant speed throughout the day for all internet activities, but have some reservations about this actually happening.
After signing up I decided not to opt for the plusnet router as I already had a working and stable router and also had a brand new one sitting in a box, after the line was activated I tried both routers and had many problems connecting and actually staying connected.
When connected, everything would be fine then the line would drop - a few times an hour it seemed. Every time this happened I could not connect to the internet for sometimes up to an hour, even tried reseting/turning router on and off and also PC on and off.
Somehow the connection would just come back.
After informing tech support and many phone calls later they confirmed that I was actually loosing connection every 29 mins which even they said was very odd. They then sent a tested plus net router out for us to use so they could see if there was any difference.
There are filters on every phone socket in the house, but how likely are they to fail? If so, is there a way of testing them?
When the connection dropped with the old router I would receive "server timed out" page in firefox, now with the plus net router I receive the Thompson router screen stating the connection is down.
I have noticed a difference with the new router as it is actually reconnecting itself again to the internet within a matter of seconds even though the Thompson screen appears.
Internet has been fine before switching to Plus net, just seems very odd what I am experiencing.
Has anyone else ever had this kind of problem?
Any help or assistance would be great.
Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Internet Disconnects every 30 mins

I've just taken a look over your connection logs, since the 16th your line has been much much more stable with most connections lasting 18+hours. Are you still seeing the same problems from your side or have they got better since then?
It doesn't look as though the fault report got past the initial stages, the ticket is currently with you and has been for over a week. If your still having problems reply to the open faults ticket and let us know so we can continue to investigate.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
frosty1957

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.
It was on the 16th that the plus net router was connected and yes it appears to be more stable but still drops in the hour almost every hour - literally 10 mins prior to writing this reply it happened again. The instability of the connection has not only effected general surfing but has made online gaming through xbox live almost impossible due to disconnects.
From the last conversation I had with tech support they said they were sending the router out and would monitor it for a few days and contact me again with the results.
I am still awaiting this call.
The router was supposed to be sent out saturday 6th feb, so should have been with me within the next few days and then tech support said they'd call back on sat 13th to confirm results. Unfortunately the router wasn't sent out on time and didnt arrive until thursday 11th feb, due to prior commitments I was unable to connect the router at this time.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@ frosty1957
I would suggest you put a note back to the team on your open ticket, to say you are still waiting for the call back on how the monitoring of your line has been since your last date.....
They will not answer via the forum, and are awaiting a response from you on your "open ticket".... in other words,..... you haven`t told them anything so they don`t know anything....!  Undecided
Hope that helps.... Wink