cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal IP address, DHCP server issues & lack of internet connection.

MOltd

Re: Internal IP address, DHCP server issues & lack of internet connection.

router 1 192.168.1.254 - DHCP - no wan connections. DSL to phone line and Lan 1 runs to router 2
router 2 192.168.1.1 - no DHCP - no wan connections

I can confirm both connected via ethernet cable to LAN ports

Even if I bypass router 2 and go direct to router 1 via ethernet cable the connection still drops!

thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Are you able to disconnect all devices apart from 1 router and 1 hardwired desktop computer letting us know if you still experience the drops? This will narrow down where the issue may lie.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MOltd

KAK!

Yeh I guess so! Currently 21 devices connected!

Will take a while when the house is quiet to do, will attempt over the next few days!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries.

Keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

I've tested by removing the manual IP address for PC and the problem comes back - manually re-assign IP and the problem goes away.

I'm still stuck back here. If you're manually having to set an IP to connect, the DHCP can't be on, or is it, I don't know anymore!

router 1 192.168.1.254 - DHCP - no wan connections. DSL to phone line and Lan 1 runs to router 2
router 2 192.168.1.1 - no DHCP - no wan connections

Are these both Hub one's, or is the other a different type (Home hub etc)

I'm missing something. I don't get why you need to assign an IP for it to connect.

Even if I bypass router 2 and go direct to router 1 via ethernet cable the connection still drops

This sounds like router 2 is controlling your network, not router 1. I's still missing sumfink

1 x hub one. Router 2 off. Does anything connect to the hub one, either ethernet or wifi?