cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent loss of internet

Spacie
Dabbler

Intermittent loss of internet

For the last couple of days my internet access is interrupted regularly. Periods range from about 30 minutes to well over an hour. I've been through the "Plusnet Assist". rigmarole many times, and it doesn't seem to be an issue with filters. Can anyone suggest what might cause an intermittent fault of this type?  Huh
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Intermittent loss of internet

Intermittent faults can be a huge range of things, from filters (which you've checked) through to pretty much any piece of electrical equipment causing REIN, it could also be a bad joint, exchange issues etc.

The line was incredibly stable up until the 1st, can you think of anything that's changed locally, either in your house or in the local area (roadworks etc)?
I'd suggest going through the faults checker at https://faults.plus.net to report this in to us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Spacie
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me. I've been through the fault reporting procedure, and connectivity still drops when I use the test socket.. I don't have a spare router to use, so I'm hoping the router isn't the cause and I'm hoping your tests can reveal whether a faulty router is the cause of the problem.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I can see your fault has gone through to our Faults team
We'll get that looked into as soon as possible for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Disconnections at the rate you are seeing can be caused by a multitude of things.  Have you followed ALL of the advice here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html ?
I note that you raise issues in March 2014 - were they progressed to resolution?
Is your phone line quiet?  Dial 17070 option 2 using a corded phone in the master socket.
Is the router plugged into the master socket?
Which router are you using?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

More to the point, what response has there been from faults?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It's progressing with the faults team, and we are due more information tomorrow - hopefully a fix.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team