Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent loss of connectivity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Intermittent loss of connectivity.

Hi,
I have my own VoIP Server hosted in TeleHouse and the phone on my desk has registered with the server several times this morning. I was wondering if there were any network  issues that may relate to this.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Intermittent loss of connectivity.

Hi Mook,
None that I'm currently aware of, your line looks stable too so no issues on that front.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez, that was quick. Thanks for that, was that both lines you checked?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, both showing uptime of over 13 days.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again Chris. I'll just keep my eye on it from here then. Just thought I'd ask.
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, the VoIP phone as just gone offline again so while it was off I tried a tracepath to the server only to be told that the host could not be resolved, implying an error. A this moment I'm using 212.159.6.10 Primary and 212.159.6.9 Secondary.
According to my router my connections have been up for 13 days, 7 hours and 50 minutes, could this then mean a routing issue? Which would explain why DNS wasn't reachable?
Are you sure there's nothing wrong with or on the network? As I'm not convinced. I've got a tracepath lined up using the IP address for the next time it happens, to see how far it gets.