cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet drop out

alexjcanning
Hooked

Intermittent internet drop out

Hi, we e been suffering with intermittent internet drop out. We’ve changed no settings and has been fine for over a year prior to the last 3 months. It started after I paid our line rental for the year in 1 go (coincidence?)

i cant get through on the phone, waiting for too log twice... hopefully a friendly plus net forum member can help raise a ticket to look into this for us...

thanks

alex

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Intermittent internet drop out

Hi there, 

I've just had a look into this and according to diagnostics and our connection logs your line is stable. 

I'm wondering if you're connecting over WiFi and could give the tips here a try if you are: https://goo.gl/BBd2Tu

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alexjcanning
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me, we connect to our 'hub one' via ethernet from an apple time capsule and then it's (time capsule) wifi.

The wifi is still fine when it disconnects, the blue light on the hub one flashes orange. it lasts for anything from 5 mins to an hour and eventually fix's itself. I've reset it, checked our filters and still it drops about 2-3 times a week.

Can you update firmware on the hub one?

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks

Alex

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Alex.

Do you notice more drops than indicated below?

Can you update firmware on the hub one?

The router should update itself automatically.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alexjcanning
Hooked

that is probably about right, is that good or bad?

Thanks

Alex

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Drops are rarely/never good. Whilst there aren't enough drops in the past 7 days for us to be able to raise a fault report to our suppliers, from looking through the past 30 days, something doesn't seem right somewhere.

Further tests are showing a potential fault on the Openreach network, so I've raised that through to our suppliers now. I'd expect an engineer to be assigned within the next 24-72 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alexjcanning
Hooked

Fixed, the engineers been round and found the fault on the line about 200m from our house.

thanks Smiley

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to hear. Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet