cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet connection slow web site responses

FIXED
RN1

Intermittent internet connection slow web site responses

Hi, for the last few months we have been experiencing intermittent network connectivity, where some websites do not respond for a while, yet at other times they do. This seems to affect some specific sites more than others, but is not confined to any one web site or any one device, and does not seem to occur at any particular time of day. We have 5 or 6 devices we use to connect to the internet, running different OS's (eg Windows 8, Windows 10, iPad & iPhones), we have tried different browsers and all experience the same problem at one time or another. All devices have good Wi-Fi signal. If a website does not respond using the broadband connection, we have tried switching off the WiFi & connecting via 3/4G, and then the website responds OK. What I'm trying to say is that the problem seems to point to the PlusNet service/router, rather than any one individual device/OS/Browser.

If we do a speed test this shows no problems (33MBs down,19MBs up, 77ms ping just now), and the same applies when we hit a problem with an unresponsive website - do a speed test & the speed is fine.

We have a Technicolor TG582n router running 10.2.5.2.FO firmware. I mention this as we contacted Lloyds Bank when we were having problems accessing their site, and they suggested updating the router firmware. However reading info on the Forum suggests that this is the latest version of firmware for this router.

Please can anybody assist?

2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Intermittent internet connection slow web site responses

Fix
Hi you could be suffering the DNS Spoofing problem. Fix this anyway even if it's not causing your problem. See https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/DNS-Issues/m-p/1293624#M32060
RN1

Re: Intermittent internet connection slow web site responses

Thanks, I applied the fix and it seems to have solved the problem.