cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent drop outs

catharsisinjune
Hooked

Intermittent drop outs

My connection is dropping out through the day for the past few days, are there any faults on the line?

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Intermittent drop outs

Have you done the usual tests for this kind of issue?  Please see the speed issues thread (link below).

Is the phone line noisy?

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Intermittent drop outs

I've tested your line @catharsisinjune and I can see the signal to noise ratio is too low which is likely causing the drops.

I've performed a DLM change to increase the margin now which should help reduce the amount of errors on the connection over the next 24 hours.  I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button