cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Lock ups

McTed
Dabbler

Intermittent Lock ups

For some weeks now I've been suffering from intermittent issues.   At some point during the day it's as if the connection has died.

Looking at my router, it suggests that the connection is still live, but nothing is coming down the pipe. Rebooting the router/modem cures it. (I've tried two different devices too).

It's just happened again (screen grab attached).

I've no idea where to start investigating this. Has anyone got any suggestions please?

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Intermittent Lock ups

Hi @McTed

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've taken a look at the history of your connection and can see that (as you've alluded to) the physical connection to the exchange is fine.

Can you confirm whether these "dead periods" are experienced via wifi and/or a wired connection?

Based on what you've described, this sounds like a wifi issue, but would be interested to know if this also occurs on a wired device.

Just out of interest, could you confirm which router you're currently using to connect to the Internet?

Best wishes

Dave

McTed
Dabbler

Hi Dave,

That's useful to know, thanks.

I experience it with both wired and wireless connections.

My router is a Draytek 2820 but I was getting the same with an older NetGear device that I substituted to test it.

As in the status page I uploaded, it just slows down to an RX rate of something tiny - rather than being MB per seconds, it seems to be an absolute trickle to the point where nothing will function. Rebooting the connection clears it every time.

Thanks,
Ted

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @McTed,

Thanks for confirming this. Please could you try setting your router up within the test socket in the property to see if this resolves the issue? For reference, we have a handy guide on how to set your router up within the test socket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team