cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Internet connection

clairecass

Intermittent Internet connection

Afternoon,

Wondering if somebody may be able to assist me.

I am having intermittent internet issues on both wireless and wired connections.

A speed check reports a good speed of 50+Mb, but the QoS is pretty bad.

On both Wired and wireless connections streaming is buffering and video calls are broken and barely audible.

Mobile devices in the house are intermittently flashing up as connected to the router but with no internet access.

The light on the router is constant blue and when logged into the routers page says that internet/ADSL is connected and reports no drops.

The router has been restarted and is connected directly to the master socket with no extra internal wiring.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Many Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
cliver
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Intermittent Internet connection

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ 

Hi Claire,

If you follow this link to the broadband trouble shooter it will enable you to raise a ticket online (less hasstle than chat or calling them). Just make sure you have followed all the steps in the trouble shooing pages. Is your phone line noisy for instance? then raise a ticket with them. I'm afraid that's about all you can do.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @clairecass, sorry to hear you're having broadband issues.

I have checked your connection log and it is not showing an active connection for the past 30+ days against your account. I am wondering if there are crossed lines faults as the line is also testing faulty. Just to make sure I have the corrected account, please raise the fault by clicking here and let me know once you've done it so I can progress the fault for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
clairecass

Hi Beyhive.

Thanks for the reply on this.

I have followed the link and raised a ticked as asked.

Many thanks

Claire

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

You're welcome @clairecass,

I have updated the fault ticket, please click here to view and reply to my response.

Let me know once you've replied please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team