Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Internet Service

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Intermittent Internet Service

Hi Alex,
I see Spencer has something in hand for tomorrow, so hopefully we'll know a bit more then.
Jojo Smiley
alex7127
Grafter

After 24 Hours of no internet.....booted up PC this morning to find 1.25Mbps of  DL speed....seemed good and stable. Spoke too soon, circa 8.30pm tonight it all starts playing up again, drop after drop after drop. Back on line now......0.13Mbps DL speed!  Cry
When is this ever going to end???
I was sat in my study when it started playing up....it had started to rain heavily 10 mins prior. Coincidence? Who knows?
I am totally and utterly fed up with all of this. It just is not funny anymore, I have totally lost my humour Angry

Alex
alex7127
Grafter

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Once the graph axis is adjusted as per PM that will reveal more. Post the next graph as soon as it has automatically saved one (2hrs. after you restarted it). I'll have a look later. So far things look promising apart from whatever switched on at 0803:12 !
SpencerUk
Grafter

@alex727
As I said, it's probably a bad joint/crimp. With the length of your line it's going take a while to get them all looked at as well as getting Openreach to complete the rest of the network checks.
Has the new router I sent you arrived in the post yet?
alex7127
Grafter

Chris - I have adjusted the graph plotting (clever me!) so it gives an overall look at the bigger part of the day.
Whatya think?
I got a bit sea-sick with all the ups and downs Crazy
Alex
Anotherone
Champion

Yes, OK ish, I've got to scroll my browser now  Roll_eyes and it loses some detail though, which I'd rather have as we get to 6.00pm and later. Did you do that by increasing the number of points per page or increasing the sample time, I'd prefer to stick with the 8 second sample time and say double the points to 1800 for the daytime and back to 900 for the evening and night until we have a clearer picture of what's going on  Wink
Damn, forgot to say can you post the sync speed graph as well, looks like you had 2 re-syncs there.
alex7127
Grafter

just adjusted the points per page , not the sample time (left that at 8secs)
only one resync I think at @ 10.36am  (1472 to 1056Kbps)
will post more detaled graphs.....
Anotherone
Champion

It looked to me that at about 1438 that might have been a re-sync. If you forgot to tick the Capture connection speed graphs on the capture tab and/or haven't got the graph, post the extract from the log for around that time.
alex7127
Grafter

I knew you would spot that one......that was when my som put the pc into standby, therefore RSLite stopped. I took it out of standbay within a few mins and the SNR flatlined at 4.5.
Huh

Alex
alex7127
Grafter

F'ing IE crashed so I had to reboot. RSL therefore stopped, have it running afresh now though.
Question......Do I have to do all the RSL settings each and every time I close and re-start the program (presume I do)....cause I had to do the settings all again.
Alex
Anotherone
Champion

Shouldn't do but it might be because of the crash. Do the settings, start it, check they are right, then close it, then re-open it and check they are now saved, but don't forget also to click on Apply on the Graphs tab as you go.
I tell you what, have a look at the log, it will tell you the speed before and after anyway.
I'll also tell you a few short cuts -
Whilst you are on the Noise Margin graph, you can right click, you have some options - Capture now is a useful one, as is Open log , Open Capture folder. Copy to clipboard isn't as handy as you might think because you need to paste it elsewhere first, unless someone knows a clever trick, I'm no expert on image manipulation  Embarrassed

alex7127
Grafter

At the circa 2.30ish point it was 1056Kbps before and after, so no resync?, the SNR was on the way down before he put the pc into stand by and continued down to a stable 4.5 when i brought it out of standby. Quite why he had to do it then i don't know  Angry
Gonna try and get a whole day of stats again tom.
Anotherone
Champion

That's ok then, at least we know what happened. It will be interesting to see if there is a similar daytime pattern tomorrow, what I'm waiting to see is what happens as the evening comes. If you can post some evening graphs before the end of the day, whenever suits you.
I notice that this Routerstats Lite v8.1 isn't displaying the current data at the bottom of the graph (unless you've cropped it). So if there are no sync changes for a particular graph, just say what the speed was. It there are sync speed changes, post the sync speed graphs as well.
I'm just going to send you a PM as well.
Edit: I'll engage brain - I've got v8.0 on one machine, v8.1 on another, and of course both automatically crop that data from the bottom when it saves. I'm so used to using the full version rather than the Lite.
alex7127
Grafter