cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent High Pings

thejudge
Rising Star

Re: Intermittent High Pings

I had to reboot the router sometime between midnight and 02:00 last night because the SNR had gone negative (the synch speed at that time was about 5.7Mb) and I was getting intermittent time-outs on pings to Plusnet.
I re-connected at 4.3Mb and it cleared that problem. I now see that the connection dropped again at about 05:30 today, although the synch speed seemes to be the same.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi thejudge,
Is your issue the same as Yaroze's? There's more detail on his thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118272.msg1024546.html#msg1024546
If it is the same thing (certainly looks like it, though Yaroze's seems to have a cause - not sure if you've noticed anything like that?) could you please do a wireshark capture as per the post I've linked to? We'll be able to see what's up there and also check on the similarities between these two issues as well.
thejudge
Rising Star

I'll give it a go, but the problem hasn't manifested itself for a couple of days now (although pings are still in the 40-50ms range rather than 30-35ms).
thejudge
Rising Star

I tried raising a question because the pings are still in the 40-60ms range, but it won't let me attach the zipped Wireshark capture because it says it can't accept the file type.  Huh
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you tried adding a .zip file to your ticket? They are allowed even though the hint suggests otherwise.
Is the zipped file under the 4MB limit?
David
thejudge
Rising Star

It's a .gz file (Wireshark gives the option of saving the capture in that format) and is only 727Kb.
SuperZoom
Grafter

I think the system only accepts zip, so probably best to save as normal then zip it. Silly system, I remember thinking the first time I did it. Maybe I even typed that into the ticket!  Wink
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It would need to be a .zip file.