cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving

JamesM
Grafter

Interleaving

I had interleaving turned off for a few months and my ping went down to 15, last week interleaving was turned back on again to address a fault which turned out to be a broken wire (nothing to do with my internal wiring) and my ping went to 25. Last Friday interleaving was turned off again (or put on auto) and my ping has gone up to 35. Is there any chance that interleaving can be turned off instead of auto.
kind regards
James.
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Interleaving

Hi James,
I'll take a look at that for you.
Jojo Smiley
JamesM
Grafter

Thanks Jojo
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ok, I've looked into this and there is currently an order in progress which was placed on 16th.This maybe to turn interleaving back off. Your line is currently interleaved. The order will have been placed with a 7 day lead time so I wouldn't expect to see any difference until Friday.
Jojo Smiley
JamesM
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
From my understanding the order that was placed on the 16th is for my upload to be uncapped (I have no idea why it was capped again), I placed an order for interleaving to be turned off around the 9th but there was an outstanding order which nobody had a clue what it was. This outstanding order had to be cleared first before interleaving could be turned off. On Friday the 16th I had a phone call from faults saying interleaving was now off and my uncap order would be due to be completed in 24 hours but because of the weekend then it would'nt be until Monday... today.
Anyway I will wait until Friday
Thanks for taking a look for me
James
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ahh, right. Well, what I'll do is check tomorrow, if you nudge me, to see if the current order is cleared. Your connection is definitely interleaved at the moment. Smiley