Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving on AGAIN - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggh

TerryCTR
Grafter

Interleaving on AGAIN - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggh

How many times do i need to say this.
I use my connection only for gaming, I want interleaving off at ALL TIMES.
Once again I just got hammered online and when I check my line it is interleaved, even after Joanne and a few other staff members tell me that it won't go back on this time.
How difficult is it to leave my line alone, now Im going to have to wait the usual days for a response and then a further 24hrs to have it turned back off  Roll_eyes
If you cant leave my line alone just let me know and I will go elsewhere as this is getting beyond a joke and after being promised it won't be turned on again I would like to know what your excuse is this time
You are ok with taking my money, but can't provide the level of service I should be getting.
One more chance and then I will be done with this good honest broadband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23 REPLIES 23
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Re: Interleaving on AGAIN - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggh

Quote from: TerryCTR
Once again I just got hammered online and when I check my line it is interleaved, even after Joanne and a few other staff members tell me that it won't go back on this time.

This has happened to me a few times and what happens is interleaving is turned off and set to "auto" where it can be turned on if the exchange sees too many errors. What you need to do is get them to set it to "off" not "auto-off".
I hope that helps.
CX
Grafter

I believe it's all automated on the BT side of things; nobody at Plusnet is doing anything with your line. You will get exactly the same with any of the non-LLU providers, and out of the LLU providers, some don't offer FastPath.
If interleaving is getting re-enabled then it may be because FastPath is giving overly high error rates. In this case, by forcing FastPath, a re-sending FastPath connection will likely have worse response times than a stable Interleaved one.
TerryCTR
Grafter

Quote from: sjrinfroyle

This has happened to me a few times and what happens is interleaving is turned off and set to "auto" where it can be turned on if the exchange sees too many errors. What you need to do is get them to set it to "off" not "auto-off".
I hope that helps.

Yeah I know mate and I was told its no longer on auto but obviously it is.
TerryCTR
Grafter

Quote from: CX23882
I believe it's all automated on the BT side of things; nobody at Plusnet is doing anything with your line. You will get exactly the same with any of the non-LLU providers, and out of the LLU providers, some don't offer FastPath.
If interleaving is getting re-enabled then it may be because FastPath is giving overly high error rates. In this case, by forcing FastPath, a re-sending FastPath connection will likely have worse response times than a stable Interleaved one.

I know many dont offer but this is why I am with Plusnet.  I dont have many options in my area so its the best of a bad bunch until better broadband is rolled out if it ever is.
Anytime it is off I never have issues with online gaming (specifically call of duty). Browsing the net I notice it running like crap but I dont mind as I need a decent gaming line. When the interleaving is on I get lag killed and once again tonight I did and it was fine earlier today.
The weather is really bad here tonight, so maybe thats whats set it to turn on I dont know, but I was told it was not on auto and would not go back on, but then again I should know not to listen to them.
If they cant leave it off then there is no point me having it and Im as well with the free sky broadband as at least it doesnt cost me to for poor gaming.
TerryCTR
Grafter

I also see that another member had gaming issues which were resolved by turning off interleaving and uncapping the upload - how do i check that my upload is uncapped
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
Just run a speed test at http://speedtest.net and check your upload speed. If it is capped you'll probably be getting around just under 1Mb, I have mine uncapped and get around 0.89Mb, I will say however, uncapping your upstream can slow you downstream slightly, but this works for gamers generally. If you want this uncapping, just speak to Jojo or raise a ticket to the support team at http://contactus.plus.net and a member of the support team will be able to submit an order for it to be uncapped. Finally it is possible to turn off your Interleaving, however BT may turn it back on if they find you are having a lot of problems on your line. Again, ask Jojo and I'm sure she'll help you out with this.  Smiley
c0dec
Grafter

If they cant leave it off then there is no point me having it and Im as well with the free sky broadband as at least it doesnt cost me to for poor gaming.

Have you actually read any of the replys properly? No one is turning it off, it will be automated. Also speaking from experience getting 10-15ms lower ping isn't going to get you 'lag killed' at all. I currently have interleaving on as ive been having issues with my line, apart from when I look at the scoreboard and notice my ping I hardly notice a difference in gaming performance, please stop posting like you've let your baby brother on your PC, I feel embarrassed for you.
x47c
Grafter

I would agree with all the replies to this thread.
Ironically Fastpath was only added into broadband specification relatively late in the design process.
It was intended that everything should be interleaved as this is the default way most data is transmitted as I recall.
the concept of 'Fast path' was only added in - almost as a "special case" for those with very short very stable lines.
It was also originally intended that the status of interleaving should be decided upon inital switch on of the the line during the 10 day training period when the line's characteristics were checked and never thereafter change.
I'll bet BT regret ever inventing the Fast path idea now...........
TerryCTR
Grafter

Quote from: c0dec

Have you actually read any of the replys properly? No one is turning it off, it will be automated. Also speaking from experience getting 10-15ms lower ping isn't going to get you 'lag killed' at all. I currently have interleaving on as ive been having issues with my line, apart from when I look at the scoreboard and notice my ping I hardly notice a difference in gaming performance, please stop posting like you've let your baby brother on your PC, I feel embarrassed for you.

Have you? If I'm told it's off and won't go back on and it does then there is an issue. Bully for you my connection isn't great when interleaving is off so it is very noticeable when it's back on. I need it off and was told it would stay off this time.
I couldn't give a toss what you feel, you don't take my money so it's got nothing to do with you. So please don't post on my thread when all you wanted was a bitch.
TerryCTR
Grafter

Quote from: x47c
I would agree with all the replies to this thread.
Ironically Fastpath was only added into broadband specification relatively late in the design process.
It was intended that everything should be interleaved as this is the default way most data is transmitted as I recall.
the concept of 'Fast path' was only added in - almost as a "special case" for those with very short very stable lines.
It was also originally intended that the status of interleaving should be decided upon inital switch on of the the line during the 10 day training period when the line's characteristics were checked and never thereafter change.
I'll bet BT regret ever inventing the Fast path idea now...........

Great, I'm sure they do but the fact is it was why I went with plusnet. I unfortunately need it off to get reasonable gaming. With it on my line is a grade c and poor for gaming. With it off it goes to a grade a and is good for gaming on ping test net.
I understand the line is set to auto but I was also told on numerous occasions it would be turned off and wouldn't go back on. Most of the time it stays off so the line can't be that unstable.
Do you also agree then if I was told it would be kept off, it should indeed be kept off?
I'm not really sure why you are posting on my thread either as you don't work for plusnet and can't assist but I guess your reply is not as bad as that other clown
Force9Original
Grafter

Raise a ticket and ask for Hard fix  the   Wink

Current Profile      Interleave   Down SNR                             UPSNR                                                                          Banded
WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)   off   6   6   off

cheers f9o
TerryCTR
Grafter

Quote from: Force9Original
Raise a ticket and ask for Hard fix  Wink
( eg : WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream )
cheers f9o

I don't have a clue what that means but thanks for the info mate, hopefully jojo can action this then as raising a ticket doesn't ever seem to get me anywhere. I will add this to my open ticket anyway
Cheers
dick:green Quote fixed.
Force9Original
Grafter

The ticket makes it easy for the staff on here work with  Wink
Have a read here for the service profile settings.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,82898.0.html
You can then tweak your SNR on your end without worry of the DLM
Cheers f9o
TerryCTR
Grafter

I have added it to my ticket.
Thanks for the link ill have a read  Cool