Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving delay + depth

pj2014
Grafter

Interleaving delay + depth

Hey,
Not too sure what's going on here with respect to Interleaving delay and depth.  I have attached a screen grab. Its not something I have turned on (have I?)
It seems to be creeping up all the time. Pretty sure it was all 0's since about November 2013.
Any advice would be welcome!
cheers
PJ
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Interleaving delay + depth

PJ,
Cannot comment on the interleaving, however looking at the other stats (would be good to see what is above) the synch speed is over 10% lower than what might be expected for the attenuation and SNRM.
What are the line error rates like - not sure if the NG routers disclose this data.  I'm wondering if the creeping interleaving is down to a progressive line problem.
Is the line quiet (17070 option 2)?
The SNRM is lower than what might be normally expected and is only set at that level on a good line, which might imply no interleaving necessary!
I am sure someone will know more about what these figures mean, however I'm interested to know why they are increasing and your line is not working at its full potential, yet is at 3dB.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pj2014
Grafter

Hi Townman,
I have attached then other parts of the screen (above and below) should have error rates, line rates and graphs.
Its all built in to the custom firmware (amod for DGN 3500)  I have no idea what all the settings do, I haven't fiddled with it at all. It just keeps a stable connection, high speed and less dropouts than normal. (1 a month maybe?)
I read up about it, bought one, used the custom firmware and its been working fine. (apart from the interleaving issue) The 3db happened automatically. I tried to recover the 'lost d/l bandwidth, but no joy. PlusNet looked into it and I tried everything, cables, radio Am looking for interference from within/outside, nothing.
cheers
PJ
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

PJ,
I was rather thinking about FEC / HEC / CRC error counts.  If these are large, it might 'point' to why the interleaving is getting deeper andthen he synch rate is slightly low.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pj2014
Grafter

Hey,
Ah, I see. I've looked everywhere for those FEC HEC CRC error counts. I don't think this netgear, in standard guise or modded displays that info.
Maybe in the morning one of the DCT will be able to have a look @their end.
cheers
PJ
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi PJ,
Interleaving is currently turned on, this has been done by the DLM, it is currently on at the lowest level though.
You are on a short line so normally interleaving isn't required, so there may be something going on with your line that we need to look at.
Do you have a test socket you can connect to?