cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving Turned Off - not sure why?

reayc48

Interleaving Turned Off - not sure why?

I received an email from Plusnet telling me interleaving was being turned off. Not sure what this is as I didn't request it but now my broadband speed is running at less than a 3rd of what it was?

The help team on the phone seem to be suffering from permeant "high call volumes" - anyone know how I get it turned back on?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Interleaving Turned Off - not sure why?

Hi there,

Interleaving was removed automatically due to you reporting a fault with us back towards the end of September.

I've placed an order to reapply it tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
reayc48

Hi Adam

Thanks for getting back. Could you confirm this happened as still only getting 10mbps versus the 30+ I was getting before Interleaving was switched off.

Thank you.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Could you confirm this happened as still only getting 10mbps versus the 30+

I'm a little confused, your line is on ADSL2+, so cannot go above 24Mb/s sync speeds (around 21Mb/s actual throughput). The speeds you're getting are in line with what I'd expect based on the line length and the estimates.

It does seem that you were on a fibre service prior to September, but were moved to ADSL around that time as fibre was no longer available. If you wanted to go back to a fibre product, this is available again and would be best to discuss with our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.