Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving Required?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Interleaving Required?

Quote from: Chris
Obviously we should also get that upload uncapped, I'll go place the order now. No I won't, the interleaving order for tomorrow hasn't yet completed. Once this is turned on we can see what's happening with the line.

My underlining, I think you forgot that ejs Wink
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Perhaps the interleaving order got actioned between the time Chris checked it at 16:24 and when grahamn's stats changed by the edit to the post at 16:54.
grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The line came back at 16:30 - the edit was to post the detailed  router stats.
Either way the line is not right and needs to be sorted.
Anotherone
Champion

Interleaving orders normally get actioned between 0200 & 0400 in the morning.
grahamn
Rising Star

Hmmm.. had hoped for further from PlusNet.
Line reset 12H10mins ago and there is a closed ticket re 21CN i.e. Interleaving being applied) again(!) in the early hrs of this morning.
Still sat on what is now a semi-paralysed connection 440 up supposedly 18.something down, SNR 3, but the performance is dreadful (like last June!!!).
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm having a look now, but at the moment there is no fault ticket open on the account. I'd always advise having a fault ticket open alongside any investigations happening in the forum.
Although having said that, let me place an uncap order to correct this as I *think* I've found why the upload is capped again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

Gonna hold my hands up and say it's likely to be my fault the upload has been capped again, well at least partially.
Basically when I uncapped the upload back in June I missed changing the supplier product in our systems. I left this at WBC MAX24 mb/s (ADSL2+ Annex A) 448kbit/s Upstream (I've now fixed it).
This meant that when my colleague placed the interleaving order, they used automation for this which looks at the supplier product and places the appropriate order. Unfortunately this meant that the upload was capped again. If they'd placed the order manually, it wouldn't have done this and if I'd corrected the supplier product in the first place, it wouldn't have done this.
I've placed the uncap now, and set the account correctly on our system. Sorry about this Sad
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grahamn
Rising Star

Thanks Chris. Appreciate that and I did wonder about keeping the fault progressed without my raising a ticket - I assumed you'd cut one internally - apologies.  Embarrassed
Back to the various technical bits, is this something that will take effect overnight? No apology required - stuff happens and I'm very grateful for your time.
Thanks,
Graham.
Chris
Legend

Yep, that's an overnight order so you should see the upload uncapped tomorrow.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: grahamn
Still sat on what is now a semi-paralysed connection 440 up supposedly 18.something down, SNR 3, but the performance is dreadful (like last June!!!).

I hope that's Mbps down, not Kbps as you mentioned in your OP Wink
Hmm.  Well I suppose we'll have to wait and see what it's like when it's uncapped again Lips_are_sealed
grahamn
Rising Star

Yeah Mbps - quite right.
Yes, yes let's see what happens uncapped - have a strange feeling it'll go back to that odd 888 value again which still won't be right...
Anotherone
Champion

That will be interesting to see. It seems to be some sort of banded value as speed isn't always limited to 888 just because Interleaving is on. I don't think we've spotted any patterns/reasons as to why it is in some cases and not in others. One would have thought errors would have something to do with it, but that hasn't always seemed to be so. Odd. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
grahamn
Rising Star

it will be interesting for sure. Hopefully it will be a good result, but we'll see  Smiley
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I think the 888k upload tends to be seen when the upstream interleaving depth gets to 8. It was already showing 888000 as the max attainable rate for the upstream in the last stats. Although saying that, my own upstream is usually 888k and I'm now on fast path. But that's probably about the limit for my line anyway, I got 912k after a recent power cut, and the 582n always gets a little less, it last got 792k upstream.
Anotherone
Champion

I've seen a couple of connections with Interleaving greater than that and not banded to 888. Jim didn't believe me until he saw one for himself.