Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving Request

Labriskus
Grafter

Interleaving Request

Hello,
Please can someone turn interleaving off for my connection.  I have tried using the function in the member centre yet it does not appear to work.

Thanks
27 REPLIES 27
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Interleaving Request

Hi there,
I've just checked your account and there's an open modify order on your line that was placed back on the 28th June. Does this coincide with when you tried turning interleaving off via the portal? The order's not  due to complete until tomorrow, so wait until then to see whether or not interleaving gets disabled.
If it doesn't, then bump this thread and I'll make sure it gets turned off.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Labriskus
Grafter

Hello,
Another one of these: "Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information Action 21CN Modify Submitted cleared Modify order has been completed" has appeared this morning yet interleaving is still enabled.
Could you have a look and make sure it's actually dis-abled please?

Kind Regards
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks like it was still set to auto following the order, sorry about that. I've placed another order which was definitely to set interleaving to 'No' which is due to complete tomorrow, that should sort things.
Labriskus
Grafter

Hello,
Well somethings gone wrong here, My ping has gone up to 80ms now and the member centre portal still proudly shows interleaving as enabled.
Could someone have another look into this please?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Will do. The order completed but again the downstream interleave is still on Auto. I'll get an order placed today to turn it on and then when that completes, assuming it's worked, I'll try another one to turn it off - if no joy with either or both of those we'll get a bridge case raised.
Labriskus
Grafter

Hello,
Any updates so far?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's reporting as off on the exchange equipment, however it looks like the reporting system has not yet caught up. Is your router still showing the connection as interleaved?
Labriskus
Grafter

Hello,
My Router, a Netgear DGN2200, does not show interleaving status, however if you find interleaving is showing off then thats good.  Smiley
A quick query though;  a couple of days ago,  the router lost synch and did again about 3 hours ago today,  Could this be in relation to the interleaving changes being applied, BT Openreach doing what ever BT Openreach do up telegraph poles, or, could this be a sign that I have perhaps made the wrong choice?

ADSL Link                 Downstream     Upstream
Connection Speed 15385 kbps     448 kbps
Line Attenuation        32.0 db             14.8 db
Noise Margin          3.1 db              23.9 db

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Labriskus,
It seems that you had a few disconnections on Saturday and two each day before that. I'm not sure what could have caused them but it seems to be looking more stable over the last couple of days.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Labriskus
My Router, a Netgear DGN2200, does not show interleaving status,

RouterStats will allow you to determine the interleaving status - and monitor your line.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Labriskus
Grafter

@Jelv
RouterStats will allow you to determine the interleaving status - and monitor your line.

Hi there, Thanks for the link, however Netgear in their infinate wisdom have disabled the telnet function on the DGN2200's and so the old debug link does not work.  There is supposed to be a program that you can run to enable the telnet function but this is not an apealing option.

@Jojo
My router has lost sync again and seems to be following the same pattern, as the down stream noise margin seems to fall from what appears to be the target of 3.0db, down to 0.13db, over the course of a couple of days and then resync at a lower speed and higher noise margin.  So now the stats are as follows;

ADSL Link                     Downstream     Upstream
Connection Speed        13947 kbps       448 kbps
Line Attenuation            32.0 db             14.8 db
Noise Margin                 4.8 db               23.9 db

I suspect that if i leave it till the noise margin declines enough to loose sync again I could be in line to loose my 12MB ip profile following the loss of my previous 13MB profile.  Sad
I'm just wondering if I could be a pain and request that interleaving be reinstated?
Kind Regards
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Labriskus
Sure I'll get that order placed in a bit and let you know when it's done.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Labriskus,
There's a problem placing your order. I'll have to email our suppliers to have that looked into. I'm not sure how long it normally takes to get a reply for this particular enquiry.
Jojo Smiley
Labriskus
Grafter

Hi there,
Thanks for looking into this for me Jojo.  Hopefully all will be back to normal soon.  Smiley

Kind Regards