Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving Off Not Requested

spookypickle
Grafter

Interleaving Off Not Requested

Hi
Just wondering if someone can look into this for me, I had an email from PN Support this morning advising me "We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving off at your request."  
I haven't requested the change personally as I was very happy with how things are. Since the initial problems I had were resolved and I changed the router I've had a really solid stable connection for a good couple of weeks  (no drops) would this have triggered the request?
I'd rather keep things as they are, if it's not broken don't fix it, so to speak, any chance this order can be cancelled (as I didn't personally place it).

I'm also due to be switching to the new unlimited package as of tomorrow if that has any bearing.
13 REPLIES 13
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Interleaving Off Not Requested

It's probably the switch to Unlimited that's requested that triggered the interleaving order.
I've asked one of the guys to cancel the order.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spookypickle
Grafter

Cheers Chris.  Smiley
Chris
Legend

Ah, looks like we were too late as the order has completed and set it to Auto. I'd suggest leaving it and seeing how it goes and then we can always reverse the order later in the week if needed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spookypickle
Grafter

OK Cheers Chris, I'm assuming auto means DLM handles switching on and off of interleaving, I'll keep an eye on things.
Eserim
Rising Star

I got this too - no problem as I'm sure I'll notice if things go wrong - one thing, is this a setting change that requires a modem restart?
Eserim
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think this change will force a modem restart automatically. However if interleaving is changing to Auto it will generally not be of concern.
David
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
It's probably the switch to Unlimited that's requested that triggered the interleaving order.
So this will happen to me when my switch from Extra Fibre to Unlimited goes through, Chris?  If so - great!
I've no idea why I'm on interleaved, as I was on Fast Path with no problem for over a year with my previous FTTC ISP. The Delay figure in my modem stats tallies with the latency change.
I suppose it could revert to interleaved as it will be on Auto, but then I'd know it was line condition changes, not a wierdo.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't think it works that way on FTTC as the DLM is handled at the Cab and Plusnet can't influence it
Estragon
Rising Star

But that contradicts the OP and the replies.
Chris
Legend

The OP isn't on Fibre?
Estragon
Rising Star

Ack!  Sad
aeroalfie
Grafter

Just noticed i to got one of these emails after switching to unlimited - my upload speed has halved to 443 is this just a coincidence or in some way related to having Interleaving turned off?
Estragon
Rising Star

Product change has reverted the upstream to the (supposedly sorted out) 448mbps upstream cap.  You need it uncapped again.