Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaver Depth Query

Lee0101
Grafter

Interleaver Depth Query

Hi,
I recently started to use a TP-Link W8960N router and i've noticed the stats now state the Interleaver Depth is set at 64 downstream which i believe is the highest level.
I'm aware the reason is probably because of a filter problem i was having and had quite a few resyncs as a result but hopefully is now sorted.
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for interleaving to readjust if the line is stable again?
Thanks,
Lee
4 REPLIES 4
x47c
Grafter

Re: Interleaver Depth Query

I suspect it won't.
In the UK BT on ADSL seem to use just a few fixed interleaving depth settings on the downstream.
Mine has been at 64 for the last 6 years.
On occassions when I have a partial fault and the sync reduced sharply then the interleaving is reduced to 32 - every time.
In the stats the depth is sometimes given as D=64 with D=1 meaning fastpath.
I've never heard of interleaving being adjusted on the fly so to speak on a normal operating line from day to day.
It seems once its set for the line that's it.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Not sure about 64 being the strongest interleaving. I'm on ADSL2+ and when I was having problems it rose to 256, even IIRC 288
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Lee0101
Grafter

Thanks for the replies.
I think my SNR Margin has now been set at 9dB as well, so i'll need to ask support to reset it back to 6dB sigh.
Also i might have interleaver switched off altogether as my line has been more or less stable in the past and i've been on fastpath with rarely any problems.
Lee
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Lee,
I've just popped you a response to your Support Ticket.