Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaved / fastpath ?????

waynem
Grafter

Interleaved / fastpath ?????

Hi
i have just changed routers this evening  , my previous router showed Fastpath (well it did last time i looked !  and i had good speed and stability with good  ping times (i am on the pro add on package ) after installing my new router i checked settings and  it shows it as being interleaved (on), is it possible that it could have changed because of router .
as i,m on the pro add on package i would have thought it should have been fastpath ... although i,m not sure what the difference is .
on a different note could a member of the plusnet team please uncap my upload  ?  Wink
Thanks
33 REPLIES 33
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Interleaved / fastpath ?????

The pro add-on will prioritise traffic on your line, if interleaving is on this will just help stabilise your connection.
I can see that you have had disconnections and errors on your line, this will appear to be why interleaving has been turned on.
If you have turned your router off a few times while changing routers over, that may have caused interleaving to be turned on. We need to monitor you connection and see if your line is stable before we look at turning interleaving off.
I have uncapped the upload speed on your line, this will take one working day to complete.
Let me know how your connection is and then we'll look at turning interleaving off.
waynem
Grafter

Hi chris
thanks for the upload uncap , when are the disconections showing , when i changed routers the old one showed fastpath , after i,d finsihed changing routers , up grading firmware etc the new router showed  interleaved  ... i checked because i noticed that lag had reappeared in gaming .before changing routers i had not had any disconnections  etc  apart from them mention in my other post
cheers
wayne
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wayne,
Your disconnections are showing from last night between 8.00 - 10.15PM. If your line does remain stable over the next 48 hours then we can certainly look at turning interleaving off.
Chris
waynem
Grafter

Hi chris
yeh thats the time scale in which i changed my router . had the new one sat there for a week or so but was letting my line settle down etc  ... so decided to change it last night .
i,m sure it will be fine .
thanks for looking into this , i have raised a ticket  (#58434752)  as per instructions on one of PN gaming tips pages  Grin
thanks again
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It look's like your line is settling down. Your ticket has been updated and everything on there is completed.
Enjoy your gaming Smiley
If there's anything else then let me know.
waynem
Grafter

Grin  cheers chris
uplaod speed increased  already  , still showing interleaved  , but i understand it takes  up to 72 hrs to come into force .
thanks for your help with this
waynem  Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

A good start Smiley
Interleaving varies in the time it takes to turn on/off, it is still showing as on. It will turn off at some point soon.
Let me know if it hasn't and I;ll chase that up for you.
chris
waynem
Grafter

Hold up .... now seems to be back to normal ? how bizarre !!!
wayne
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That should hopefully be sorted for you.
Any changes let me know.
Chris
waynem
Grafter

Hi chris
still showing as interleaved  on in the router at the moment , but my connection is fine  so it will go to fastpath when ever .....  Smiley .
i do have a question  re turning router router on and off etc ... i,m now using  Belkin surf N150  ..which seems great but again as with my other belkin  no disconnect  ...but it does have self healing ?? which is a  system to set your router to restart daily, weekly  etc  .. have it turned off at the minute  as it has been mentioned  that the exchange see,s disconnections as a potential problem  . reading on the forum the general advice seems to be leave router on  .... your thoughts ?
wayne m
cheers again for your help
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We do recommend to leave your router turned on at all times. Although being restarted infrequently shouldn't have a detrimental impact on your connection.
As long as your line was running fine and no disconnections, a weekly self healing wouldn't have a impact on your connection.
waynem
Grafter

thanks chris  Smiley
waynem
Grafter

Hi Chris
i have a few questions ...sorry  Sad .
i receieved this Service Notice #139337272 a couple of days ago and since then there have been alot of variation in speeds  and also max speed has dropped by about 1/2 mb also i noticed that the downstream figure has dropped from 7836 ish
Type  Interleave Path
  Status  SHOWTIME
                                 Downstream  Upstream  
  Data rate(Kbps)      6936                      1103
  Noise Margin                6                            5
  Output power(dBm)  12                            20
  Attenuation(dB)          43                           25
as you can see its still showing as interleaved  ..
before the service notice i had a good solid non fluctuating 6.5 (speedtest) all through the day now it seems dependant on time of day etc ...Traffic management ? .
sorry to be a pain and appreciate your help
waynem
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like fastpath should be on, that's what it's showing on the checks on our suppliers' site. It's also showing a profile of 6900 which matches on our side, that looks to be about the fastest it's been since the middle of last month?
Let us know if that's not what you're seeing and we can do some more checking for you.