cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation- need extension from master socket, forgot to check option on order

ej1elliot

Installation- need extension from master socket, forgot to check option on order

On July 24th I've booked for an engineer to install the FTTC. I missed the check box for the extension from master socket requirement on the order. How can I amend the request to ensure that the engineer comes armed with the equipment now that the order is listed as "committed"? Luckily I've left nearly 3 weeks to resolve this. I just need to find out how to manually amend this so that the engineer is requested to come with the extension equipment.
Would be grateful for advice, first time poster so hopefully this post is acceptable in this section.
Many thanks,
Eliot
6 REPLIES 6
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Installation- need extension from master socket, forgot to check option on order

Welcome.
One of the PN employess will probably pick up your request from this forum. However, I would highly recommend that you ring PN & explain what you require. I'm sure that they will sort this out & quickly amend your order.
ej1elliot

Re: Installation- need extension from master socket, forgot to check option on order

I did call the technical department on saturday evening to ask what type of cable was used to extend the router out eg. RJ11 or cat5e etc. I then asked about amending the order, but was advised that he couldn't change it on the system as it was committed he advised that I'd need to call an other team as they may be able to change it. I'll give them a bell this afternoon and report back here if no joy from that team Smiley
ej1elliot

** Update - Just been advised by PN that the extension kit is available on request as the BT engineers supposedly keep a roll of cat5e in the van. Although I've heard that it depends on the engineer. I suppose as it's a BT engineer and not PlusNet that they can't really guarantee this. I guess I shall see on the day.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Unfortunately if we try and add one to the existing order it'll cancel and we'd need to book another appointment most likely at a later date to get things up and running.
I suspect tea and biscuits would be the best bet as things stand Smiley
ej1elliot

Rather than going through the CRM system, where on the back end of the system it would usually send some form of comms which would be picked up by a person on the BT side of things; is it not possible to contact them manually and give a verbal or email note (referencing the appointment date / poscode / landline) to whichever person would usually advise the BT engineer on their side that the extension kit is required? I'm happy to call on the BT side if I had a general team number to call.
If this isn't possible in any way shape or form, I'll get tea making  Wink
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Show him where the loo is as well, that's always much appreciated as it saves him asking!  Embarrassed