cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation date?

epic

Installation date?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section
I received a provisional fibre appointment for 19/04/2013 1pm-6pm  then a text the following day saying your broadband service is due to become active on the 23/04/2013 dont set up your router until we confirm your service is active.
I also received a phone transfer email stating the phone transfer was to happen on the 22/04/13.
Can you confirm the engineer appointment date and ensure that the extension kit is requested as i requested this on the original dates i selected. And also is there going to be broadband downtime from the 19th -23rd as it doesnt make sense. How is the engineer to check speeds lines ect on the 19th if the service is not activated till 23rd?
2 REPLIES 2
Scottishlad79
Grafter

Re: Installation date?

I had the very same confusion as yourself from plusnet, i ordered It on friday with a provisional date of 16th April, The portal shows me i have an appointment for 18th, and then i recieved a message telling me my broadband will be active by lunchtime on the 19th, suppose ill just need to wait and see what happens because from reading on here and other forums it seems plusnet have very little control over when the work actually gets carried out. I defo think the order process could be made much clearer
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Installation date?

Hi there,
The emails about the notification happening a day after the appointment are something we're looking at - it's for ADSL where orders could complete up to midnight on the day they're set to complete. Fibre is different though and your account will activate on the morning of the appointment.
@epic - your appointment has been booked in for the afternoon slot on the 22nd, hope that's all good? Please let us know if not. The phone switchover should also happen that morning as it's a simultaneous provide.
@Scottishlad79 Thanks for the feedback and sorry it could be clearer. I'll make sure that gets passed on for you.