cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inordinately slow login

leng
Grafter

Inordinately slow login

For reasons best known to itself the Plusnet site logs me out at random occasions.  This would not be a major issue if it didn't take a long time from hitting the login button to regaining access.  I generally go and browse another site or play a game of spider while I'm waiting.  Login after reboot is no faster.
It wasn't like this up to a few weeks ago.  AFAIK nothing has changed at my end and plusnet is exempt from my various ad-blockers and descripters.  I have a solid fast FTTC conneciton so it is unlikely to be a connectivity issue.
Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
GrahamC
Grafter

Re: Inordinately slow login

Have you tried the auto-login feature?
You'll still have to wait for the site to load but you don't need to faff about logging in everytime
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It was actually a bit faster this morning - now just slow not disastrously slow
leng
Grafter

Ha.  I went looking for the auto-login setting.  Member centre had logged me off but I got the fastest login I've had for months.  Isn't that always the way?
Anyway, I'll give autologin a try.  Mind, if it stays as fast as this attempt I no longer have anythig to complain about.
leng
Grafter

It is now as bad as ever.  Forum access frequently times out and things like "check broadband usage" take forever.
It didn't use to be like this but I've been having problems for the last 6 months or so.  No other site is so reliably poor.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Don't forget that we do have some scheduled maintenance which will affect our website and internal systems tonight. More information on this can be found <a href="http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=portal">here</a>.