cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on Regrades

Tsonga
Grafter

Information on Regrades

Hi again! I have searched and searched but cannot find any information on regrades apart from the fact that if I upgrade from Option 2 to Option 3: 'There may be a one-off charge associated with changing your product.'
Is there a charge or not, and if so, how much is it?
How long does it take to switch?
Is it easy to then switch back to the previous option? And is there a charge for that?
Many thanks for any info or link.  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Information on Regrades

It depends on when you elect to switch packages. If you do it mid-billing period and the new package is higher in cost then you will pay a pro-rata adjustment to cover the additional cost of the new product for what is left of your billing month. Downgrades always occur on your billing date.
If you elect to switch on your billing date then no extra payment is due.
Switching is an automated process so can be done at any time.
Yes, you can switch back but you can only switch once within a billing period and switching to a ower cost package can only happen on your billing date.
There is no admin fee charge switching between BBYW packages.
Tsonga
Grafter

Thanks, that's great!
LiamM
Grafter

I wrote this just before I left PlusNet - http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/product_change_policy.shtml - might help clarify?
(May not be up to date).
Tsonga
Grafter

Definitely clarifies things, thanks! It is incredibly flexible compared with Pipex!  Cool
Mand
Grafter

FYI that document is still up to date, and pretty much covers product changes of all variations. Smiley
paulby
Grafter

@Mand
The policy still mentions a £14.99 charge to downgrade from Home Phone Anytime+ to Evenings and Weekends.
IIRC, this was due to be scrapped (if it hasn't been already).  What's the status on the downgrade fee?
James
Grafter

Hi Paul,
The downgrade fee hasn't been waived as of yet.  We don't currently have any timescales for this to be done, but it should be done in the next Home Phone Refresh.