cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly slow Broadband problems for over 6 weeks

Jackel

Incredibly slow Broadband problems for over 6 weeks

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone couuld help me, I'm a longterm frustrated Plusnet customer who is meant to receive up to 10mbps, over the past 6 weeks I have been getting around 1 mbps, this has now decreased to 0 mbps.
I followed all the online instructions for me to try at home with no result and have had a boost engineer and a regular engineer visit my house only to be told:
"There is a problem, we don't know what it is, see you!"
Just under two weeks ago the issue seemed to resolve itself with the explanation "the restrictions on your line have been lifted." No-one has explained to me what this means or why my line was restricted in the first place.
Since Sunday 25th March my speed has dropped to 0.0 mbps, I have tested this speed with and without an ethernet cable, with two seperate modems and two seperate laptops and two different speed testing programmes, they all come back with the same result of 0.0 mbps.
I would appreciate if someone could help deal with this immediately and feel I deserve compensation for not being able to receive the correct service which I pay for over 6 weeks. I've taken 2 days off work for engineer visits and my partner has lost countless hours of work as she relies on the internet to work from home, I've also spent countless hours on the phone trying to sort this.
Below are some of the stats from the ongoing issue in chronological order (ending with most recent).

Many thanks,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mremoved] - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
2:26pm, Wednesday 7 Mar 2012[INTERNAL]
xDSL Status Test Summary  
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync  
General Information  
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn  Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information  Downstream DSL Link Information  
Loop Loss:  20.1  39.3  
SNR Margin:  28  13  
Errored Seconds:  0  0  
HEC Errors:  0    
Cell Count:  1484  1590  
Speed:  440  2271  

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS):  1440  Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS):  1152  
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds):  6276  Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds):  9065  
Indicative Line Quality:  R  Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds):  1  

Copper: PASS
TAM: DNR
WBC 1M - 2M Medium delay (INP 4) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
bRAS: 7558
Engineer Notes: pq test passed, sync check ok, small number of fec errors seen on broadband, network enhanced on d-side to attempt to remove fec errors, circuit left on best available d-side to dp, sync rate improved by over a meg.

Summary - Line banded, line is performing better but SNR is high, may benefit from banding between 4-9MB with SNR of 9db.
Next Action - SNR Reset and monitoring required.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Jackson,
I have retested the line and can still see that it is running lower than expected.
The line is fairly stable along with all the parameters running correctly based on the synchronisation rate however this is too low due to line currently being banded.
I have placed a request to increase banding on your line from 1-2MB to 4-9MB. This at present is a test but is known to increase the synchronisation rate and ultimately add further stability to the line.
This should take effect on your line within the next 24 hours so I am going to put your account on hold until Friday then retest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[internal]
Will need e-chatting to get banding manually removed. Moving to correct pool and informing JM.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[internal]
xDSL Status Test Summary  
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync  
General Information  
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn  Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information  Downstream DSL Link Information  
Loop Loss:  20.1  39.3  
SNR Margin:  27  6  
Errored Seconds:  0  1  
HEC Errors:  0    
Cell Count:  11342  4028  
Speed:  440  9371  

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS):  1440  Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS):  1152  
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds):    Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds):    
Indicative Line Quality:    Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds):  

BRAS Profile(CVLAN Rate): Profile Info: WBC 4M - 9M Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)
Generic Speed 7500 No Time Out
Banding now changed and sync higher
Changing WP profile
Kind regards,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[mremoved]
jim:csa

6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Incredibly slow Broadband problems for over 6 weeks

HI Jackel,
I've just ran some checks and from what we can see there shouldn't be anything stopping you getting the correct speed. Have you tried running a speed test on somewhere like speedtest.net? I'll also see if can get one of our faults team to take another look.
Jojo Smiley
Jackel

Hi Joanne,
Thanks for replying, as I mentioned earlier I have run two different speed tests, one of which was speedtest.net. The results I'm getting are still 0.0mbps. I believe my line has possible been restricted again.
No-one from the faults team has contacted me today so if you could arrange for them to call me this evening that would be much appreciated. I would assume that as my fault has been ongoing for over 6 weeks Plusnet would have made sure to call me on the first working day with me having reported it on Sunday, but perhaps this isn't considered a priority?
The basic summary of my problem so far is; my line has lots of faults on it, no-one; neither engineers or plusnet know why, it was discovered my line was restricted (no-one will explain why), it was then unrestricted and worked and now doesn't work again. The popular theory after searching online is that BT may be trying to squeeze too many people onto one line and may have affected the banding.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jackel,
Banding get placed on a line when it's found to be problematic syncing above a certain rate. Banding will be placed by the DLM and is a good system most of the time.
I'll ask one of our faults team to pick this up again.
Jojo Smiley
Jackel

Hi Jojo,
You mentioned on Monday you'd speak to the faults team, how did that conversation go?
Also do you know when I'll be hearing from the faults team? I rung up about this on Sunday and have yet to hear from anyone. I really need to try and get this fixed asap as my partner works from home and it is costing us money.
I would have assumed that having an ongoing problem for over 6 weeks would place us near the top of the priority list and am and dissapointed to have not had this dealt with yet.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Jackel,
Just had a look and it's being worked on as we speak.
Jojo Smiley
SpencerUk
Grafter

Hi Jackel,
Thanks for taking the time to speak with me this afternoon.
As discussed and documented in your ticket (52326382), my diagnostics have uncovered lots of errors on your line which are the probable cause as to why your throughput speeds are so slow. I have booked an appointment for you for 29/3/12 PM slot to investigate these errors. As mentioned, if it needs to be rescheduled, give us a heads up.
Once again, apologies for this taking so long to resolve!