cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased usage

will2012
Grafter

Increased usage

I pay about £17 a month for broadband. I understand that for a total of £19 (or there abouts) Plusnet will increase the usage limit from 60gb to 120gb. Something doesn't seem right here, it seems too good to be true. Am I understanding this correctly?
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Increased usage

Hi there,
Just visit http://trials.plus.net (if you're not signed in to our website it'll ask you to) and select the extra usage option, that should sort it for you Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That implies that you are in a Market 1 Area and the change in cost would then be from £17.99 to £19.99 otherwise everything you say is correct
It should be noted that the increase if you are in Market 2 is a lot more as the cost for Extra is £11.49 - not such a good deal then  Crazy
will2012
Grafter

Thanks Matt, this is correct then, for £2 extra, usage can be doubled? Im not missing anything such as a 12 month contract?
Did you get my pm about resetting my 10 day training period now my line fault is fixed?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: will2012
Thanks Matt, this is correct then, for £2 extra, usage can be doubled? Im not missing anything such as a 12 month contract?
No you aren't - a good deal if you need it isn't it Grin
will2012
Grafter

It is, it's a very good deal.
Matt - I clicked the link you gave, and have gone on to exchange checker. It's coming up as Market one, and the cost therefore being £17 something with BT wholesale being the only provider of broadband services - see your page below:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml
However, BT wholesale aren't the only provider in my area - see website below:
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EMBAKEW
Talktalk provide LLU services. Should I therefore not be in Market 2, with the lower broadband cost?
Not that I'd ever use Talktalk, I wouldn't
will2012
Grafter

Ignore last post, I see it's marked at the bottom of Samknows with Market 1. I didn't see that.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The Market area is set by OFCOM and for some crazy reason they only do periodic (less than once a year) reviews. What they should do is continuous rolling reviews. I suppose if enough people complain to OFCOM they might do something about it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
will2012
Grafter

I have upgraded to this product, and have had this confirmed. However, they say that it will become active from next months billing period, but I could really do with it activating this month as i'm about 2gb off my limit wit 2 weeks to go until reset. Is there anything you can do?
Thanks very much
Will
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi will2012,
Account changes take place on your next billing date, I've PM'd you.