Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased latency this evening

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Increased latency this evening

We'll check over your line and be in-touch.
bradw
Grafter

Can I please get one of the fancy radius graphs to show my connection drop status? (nvm, posted on ticket)
I'm noticing sometimes that traffic stops passing through the router (traceroute/mtr stops at the router) for around 5 seconds, then continues as normal. When I login to the router all seems to be as normal, the only thing that would point to connection issues is in the event log:
Jun 15 04:34:18	FIREWALL replay check (1 of 1): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 192.168.1.3 Dst ip: 8.8.8.8 Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Port Unreacheable

That was trying to traceroute 8.8.8.8 to check connectivity.
Router is still connected though, IP address doesn't change and PPPoE Uptime: 2 days, 10:27:47
It seems BQM caught it too:
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

An ICMP Destination Unreachable: Port Unreacheable packet is what you would expect to receive if you do a traceroute by sending UDP packets and it reaches the destination (unless there's a server program receiving them on the port you send them to).
However, considering that the router log entry has an internal LAN ip as the source, it would make more sense if 192.168.1.3 uses 8.8.8.8 as a DNS server, and the firewall log entry was regarding outbound ICMP traffic generated due to dns replies arriving after the computer had given up waiting for them.
bradw
Grafter

Another network blip at 15:31 - once again, traceroute stopped at the router but no apparent disconnect.
If it helps at all, the only thing using the connection at the time is Skype (which is how I noticed it so quickly.)