cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased Upload Speed

mrleah
Dabbler

Increased Upload Speed

Does anybody know if Plusnet offer the ability to increase the upload speed available for an ADSL2+ connection, and if so, what it would cost?
Thanks in advance,
Matt.
16 REPLIES 16
HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Increased Upload Speed

Do you mean Annex M (up to 2.5mbps upload)?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you mean speeds of around 1M I think you just have to ask - there's no additional charge.
PN limit the upload to allow potentially slightly faster download.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mrleah
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies.
HPsauce - I wasn't thinking about the Annex M option as I thought this was only available through Be/O2.  However, a quick google reveals that BT also have this option.  It seems to be a business focused product, so I guess there will be a reasonable premium for this.
A 1M upload capability would suit me fine.  I have started doing some web development again and found the upload times a bit painful. I will follow Jelv's advice and raise a ticket.
Thanks again,
Matt.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 7

You're in luck, I was just looking to test the ordering system in Chrome to see if it worked any faster (it doesn't unfortunately) so I've placed the order to increase the upload speed for you. It should be done sometime tomorrow.
On a side note, Annex M may be looking to come in to trial early next year... watch this space for news.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
mrleah
Dabbler

Excellent -  Many thanks Dave!
Sorry your testing didn't work out as you had hoped.
Cheers,
Matt.
win2003
Grafter

I hope that Annex M trial is available soon....  Smiley
It seems that I have been with Force9/Plusnet for nearly a decade... but I am greatly tempted by Be's offer which is now the same price I pay Plusnet now. Be also have no cap on the Pro product.
mrleah
Dabbler

Finally got round round to rebooting my router and am pleased to report that I now have a 1.2M upload sync connection speed - Thanks again Dave!
Interestingly, it has also improved my download sync speed slightly, not enough to change my profile band, but was assuming that there would be a trade off for the increased upload.
soft360lap1 - We have the Be/O2 ADSL 2+ service at my office and would have to say that I find that the actual throughput is not as impressive as you might expect.  Not sure if this is down to congestion at the exchange or not.  I must admit I would have been tempted to make the switch, but then I had to deal with their tech support  Sad  I now know why I also have been with Force9/Plusnet for 10 + years!  Wink
Matt.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The higher download sync is probably due to you rebooting at the optimal time of the day (there's less noise during daylight hours).
zone8
Grafter

Can ADSL Max customers get a larger upload speed ? or is this limited to ADSL2+ only ?? which seems abit harsh lol
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Yes, you can get it increased to 832Kbs (subject to line conditions and may be limited to certain products) but you will be charged an extra £8/month - if you are willing to pay the extra just raise a ticket and ask. I'm guessing you are not in an ADSL2 area.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Information on Max Premium and link to raise the ticket: http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20
It's worth noting that as well as giving the faster upload it also gives higher priority on the BT network. This replaced the old 'business' type service with 20:1 contention as opposed to the 50:1 contention for residential which was scrapped when ADSL Max was introduced.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Do Value users also get the higher upload speed
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

On Max Premium yes, as it's an added service.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
If you're on ADSL2+ then you can get the approx 1Mb upload for no additional cost just by raising a ticket (or asking nicely here ;)).
If you're on MaxDSL then Max Premium is your only option I'm afraid (which costs the extra £8 a month, this is the cost we pay to BT Wholesale).