cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased Latency?

thesawdust
Grafter

Increased Latency?

So, I've not really had to register here for a whinge since becoming a customer.
However past 2weeks i've noticed my Latency increasing (Depends on gateway also), i was getting a healthy 12ms ping but now it's getting 30ms now!
I know it's not a lot? Do PlusNET offer a profile like my old provider (Fast path) to give me a lower ping?
I've be on FTTC for a while now, is there any answers why it's increase? Tongue
Look forward to a reply on this
Thanks
TheSawDust  Cool
10 REPLIES 10
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Increased Latency?

I was looking at your post on the other latency thread so had checked your connection history:

You've had a couple of disconnection close together which might have made the DLM system decide you needed some level of interleaving on your line.  Ignoring the disconnection today, have you caused the others on this graph?  Or have you notice your connection dropping?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
thesawdust
Grafter

Hello,
I've noticed quite a few drops past few days. The dreaded concentrator not reachable  Angry
Thanks for speedy reply
Kelly
Hero

So, something is making your line drop, which is why interleaving has gone on to try and make your line more stable.    May be worth seeing if it stabilises, or going down the faults route.
Kelly Dorset
thesawdust
Grafter

Not possible to turn interleaving off then?  Undecided
Blim
Grafter

Did this happen tonight around 5pm? because I have that too and I see one other person "Deano – Unlimited Fibre" from the  community ping graph http://community.plus.net/ping-graphs/
Maybe something at PN?
thesawdust
Grafter

Blim
my latency increased a few weeks back, after i got the error which a lot suffered today!
Hope PN fix it  Wink
40aa5607

Sorry, I'm removing my original comment because I think the very poor latency I was being given by the BTwholesale.speedtester was more a function of the BT speedtester that what I see by using my router's ping diagnostics to the internet. 
Kelly
Hero

Quote from: Blim
Did this happen tonight around 5pm? because I have that too and I see one other person "Deano – Unlimited Fibre" from the  community ping graph http://community.plus.net/ping-graphs/
Maybe something at PN?

Yeah it looks like PTW-AG04 dropped a bunch of users:
https://twitter.com/kelly_plusnet/status/394881606034280448/photo/1
Kelly Dorset
thesawdust
Grafter

still have higher pings? BT come out and replaced my internal wiring...... PlusNET won't respond to my open ticket to see if my throughput has improved since!
x47c
Grafter

On the FTTC service no ISP has control over interleaving.
The Dynamic Line Management (DLM) which monitors the line continually is the sole determinant of whether interleaving should be on or off.