Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Error Seconds

FIXED
Caerefail
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Increase in Error Seconds

Why oh why does your heart sink when you see Openreach vans in the area? It should be the other way around!

I monitor my line carefully as it is about 3km from the exchange and I've managed to get it to connect at about 4.5Mb download, against estimated speeds of 1 to 3.5. It has been quite stable at this sort of speed for 9 months, since I joined Plusnet. I know that if the line were better, I could get speeds of around 5.5 Mbs, but if the SNR is low enough to give this sort of speed, the line keeps dropping.

However, OR have been in the area recently and my ES level has gone from around 270 per day to over 1000!!!! At the moment the line is hanging in there and I'm not going to do anything but I dread to think what will happen if I do have to re-sync for any reason.

The phone line is quiet and I know there is no point in taking things any further as the line is within estimates but I suppose I just needed to vent Angry

PS Just to illustrate - I reset the router stats and in 35 minutes there have been 336 ES!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Increase in Error Seconds

Fix

Hi, I've just performed a diagnostic test and whilst the errors are high, your speeds don't seem to be affected greatly and the connection appears to be stable.

Let us know if you spot any issues beyond this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Caerefail
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Increase in Error Seconds

Thanks for running some checks, Adam - I wasn't really expecting anyone to do that Smiley. Yes, so far the line is stable despite the increase in errors so it's going to be a wait and see. The hot, thunder weather probably won't have helped.