cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect advice re "10 days training" on FTTC

Estragon
Rising Star

Incorrect advice re "10 days training" on FTTC

I have advised a poster on tbb forums to post over here his question re odd speeds on a new FTTC connection, but the last two lines there are
Please be aware, as advised by David, that this speed will fluctuate during the initial 10 days of activation so until 6th September your speeds will be up and down and nothing like we would expect to see them."
That of course is utter rubbish, presumably down to poor training of newish support staff.  Sad
6 REPLIES 6
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Incorrect advice re "10 days training" on FTTC

Thanks Estragon/RobertoS,
I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is after reading that thread so I will await the post Smiley
Thanks,
Dan
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why can't you get one of your team who is registered as an ISP rep to answer on the tbb forums?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
sobol
Dabbler

Hi Dan,
I had quite bad experience with house PlusNet move team where it took 20 days providing FTTC service.
Now that I'm connected I'm seeing unusual down/up stream speed of 38.4/20 Mbit while being on 80/20 product.
The Support team is saying they can't do much due to "10" days training of the line.
I've already had similar situation with PlusNet when I've originally subscribed with PlusNet, turned out I was on wrong profile.
Can you please help?
My ticket no is: 90685938
Quote from: DanH
Thanks Estragon/RobertoS,
I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is after reading that thread so I will await the post Smiley
Thanks,
Dan
DanHodby
Grafter

Morning sobol,
I've upped the profile so if you want to reboot your router you should hopefully see an increase in speeds.
Let me know how you get on.
Dan
sobol
Dabbler

Good morning Dan,
I've restarted router and I can only slight increase of sync. speedtest from BT shows now:
IP Profile for your line is - 38.99 Mbps. Perhaps DLM needs some time to adjust?
Thank you,
SoboL
dick:quote
DanHodby
Grafter

This is what I was worried about, I kind of hoped your speed estimate was wrong for this property (34.8Mb) but it looks like the speeds you are getting are correct.
The speeds are you getting are much higher than the estimates though and I can see Carl did advise you of this estimate on the 15/07/14.
All the line tests are running through fine too currently syncing at 40.7 Mbps so that profile looks about right.
Dan