cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Plusnet Fibre Profile?

PieMaster

Incorrect Plusnet Fibre Profile?

First of all I don't know whether I messed something up by briefly disconnecting the modem to put in place a pass-through homeplug on the power socket it's connected to last night! Up until yesterday I was getting about 68Mbps throughput, and using it last night this has reduced to about 37Mbps.
I ran the BT speed test, which suggests my IP profile is 72.16 Mbps as displayed in the attached screenshot.
However current line speed in the member centre says
"Estimated line speed:
65Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-02-26 20:41:03
Current line speed:
37 Mb"
Does this mean the profile at the plusnet end is 37Mbps - limiting the speed to around that? I'm not saying it's slow by any stretch of the imagination, just the fact it is now going half as fast seems a bit drastic!
All tests ran using a wired connection directly into the router.
2 REPLIES 2
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Incorrect Plusnet Fibre Profile?

Hello PieMaster,
Welcome to Plusnet and the Community forums Smiley
I've checked over your account and noticed that it was originally provisioned on our system as 40/10 instead of 80/20 - on BT's side  it is correct, so I've updated our side to match.
Your speed profile should update within 15-20 minutes, however will just need a soft disconnect/reconnect in your router to take affect.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt
PieMaster

Re: Incorrect Plusnet Fibre Profile?

Wow that was quick! I'll disconnect the PPPoE session on the router in about half an hour then. Thanks for that!