cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect IP profile

jagstang
Grafter

Incorrect IP profile

I've been getting very slow speeds today so ran the BT speedtester which reported that although I have a connection speed of over 8000kbps my IP profile is now set to 1000.
I called PN support who suspect it may have been due to my router being disconnected a few times recently whilst I was installing a new sky HD box that required me to move some wiring around. I was also told that it should start fixing itself every three days but could take a few weeks before it's back up to full speed.
Do I really have to wait that long to get my broadband speed back to normal? Is there anything I can do to expedite the correction of my IP profile?
Many thanks
Paul.
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Incorrect IP profile

Hi Paul,
We need to wait a couple of days for the IP Profile to update.  Whilst you are syncing at 8128Kbps currently, any reconnections may have happened at a slower speed causing your IP Profile to drop and we're now waiting for it to pick up again.
jagstang
Grafter

Re: Incorrect IP profile

Hi James, thanks for keeping me updated. Sorry if I seem impatient, but I build streaming video players for a living and the 1000kbps limit is stopping me from being able to test my work at present so I'm keen to do whatever it takes to get it sorted.
I'll hold in there for a few days and keep my fingers crossed that it improves.
Many thanks
Paul.