cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect IP Profile?

ajmalsheikh

Incorrect IP Profile?

Hi, First of I think this forum is a fantastic place for support and contributors and plusnet's activity on it was one of the reasons I chose the company.
I've had my plusnet unlimited fibre for 5 days now and all is running well with no disconnections but I think  that my IP Profile may be have been incorrectly set as it seems to be on 40/10 profile rather than the 80/20 unlimited I had ordered. I think this may be as my estimate was 39meg when signing up, a smidgen below the 40 that it seems to be on.
My direct neighbour who is around 10 metres further down the road from the fttc cabinet and has had BT infinity installed and is syncing at over 50/12 which doesn`t make sense as its a new estate and I'm on 40/10.
The BT speed checker shows a 38.72 / 10  Mbps profile which I assume is the 40/10 product. I can max this out in tests when connected by ethernet, and 37.55mbs when connected over wifi.
My previous Adsl2 connection also had a higher actual connection speed than estimated 7 vs 4.5 estimated on a 6 snr margin suggesting it was a good line. I am around 400m from the fttc cab with the BT wholsale checker estimating  FTTC Range A (Clean) 50.7 35.2.
I know these are just estimates but considering its synced at 38.72 could this profile be changed to the 80/20 product to see what happens?
my username on plusnet is 'ajmalhome' if someone can offer advice or look into this for me please.
Many thanks for reading, Ajmal
6 REPLIES 6
thesawdust
Grafter

Re: Incorrect IP Profile?

Take a look at the FTTC Range B (Impacted) see what speeds they say?
upgrading to 80/20 will possibly give you extra upload speed. Hopefully Chris will pick this up later this morning and put you back on 80/20 profile. (may take a few hours to change)
Good luck on the travels  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ajmalhome,
I have updated Ticket: 82633971 for you confirming that I'd placed the order to modify your speed profile to 80/20. This will take up to 24 hours to complete. Please monitor if this improves things at all and feel free to reply to the ticket if things don't improve in the next 48-72 hours.
ajmalsheikh

Thanks for the replies, The bt speed checker seems to have updated  its profile to 80/20
Download speedachieved during the test was - 36.75 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 61.95 Mbps-77.44 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 77.44 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 12.37Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
However on speedtest I can attain a 36meg down 18.97meg  upload with a 15ms ping now
On the plusnet profile it is still showing 37 meg current ;line speed. Should this update soon?
Many thanks, Ajmal
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just updated that for you so a quick router restart should resolve the issue for you.
ajmalsheikh

fantastic thank you, http://www.speedtest.net/result/3366180823.png ; showing 70/19 speed tests, will do a bt one later over ethernet. Very happy with the boost! from 40/10
Is the currrent line speed on the Plusnet profile which states 78 the rate connected to the fttc cabinet, and is this likely to reduce?
Many thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The speed profile will probably move down to around the speed you're getting now.
The speed profile will move up/down depending on what your line can support. As the profile is above your line speed, it'll move down a little but it won't have any impact on the service you receive Smiley
I'm glad the changes I made have seen an improvement for you.