cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect BT IP profile ....

gkmanning

Incorrect BT IP profile ....

My BT IP profile is 135Kbps when my router syncs at > 6Mbps - it has been like this for a few days now- can someone fix it.
Results from BT SpeedTest
Download speedachieved during the test was - 108 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :6368 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
13 REPLIES 13
welshviking
Grafter

Re: Incorrect BT IP profile ....

Same here mate..12 days now !!!!
Download speedachieved during the test was - 315 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5376 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 350 Kbps
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Both of these low speed profiles look like they might be caused by intermittent connections. gkmanning, I can see you've raised a fault on your account - this will get updated shortly.
welshviking, it looks like a similar issue on your side but the connections are being closed properly each time (i.e. the exchange is receiving the stop packet rather than just dropping) which would suggest that the router is closing the connection due to interference - is there anything plugged into your phone line that isn't going through a microfilter, and if not have you tried different filters in place of the one(s) you have?
gkmanning

No update from anyone yet and still with reduced speed .....
Download speed achieved during the test was - 114 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :6336 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gkmanning,
Your previous fault report is still open and awaiting appointment, if you advise when you're available I'll get this booked for you today.
gkmanning

Hi
Not sure what you mean by "appointment" and "when I'm available" - router is constantly connected. Do I need to be physically present for this to be fixed ?
regards
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Basically BT want to send an engineer to your premises to investigate the fault, which as it's developed into a lower threshold breach fault will require a visit and a line test from your premises. Someone will need to be there to advise where the master socket is etc.
If you'd rather I could close the report off and raise a new one, but it's likely that an engineer visit would be requested within a week of that being opened.
gkmanning

OK I understand now - you can arrange the BT visit - see my updated ticket for details
Thanks
Keith
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for that, I'll get it booked for you now.
gkmanning

After a brief few days of Broadband returning to normal >6Mbps speeds the fault returned yesterday and I am back to the usual now poor speeds ...
Download speedachieved during the test was - 106 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-135 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Assured Rate IP profile on your line is - 135 Kbps
Router stats says it has sync'd at 6.3Mbps
I've updated the original ticket for this if someone would take a look and action it.
Frustrated
Keith
simonR
Dabbler

Hi,
I've got a similar problem, been going on for weeks now with consistent over 17000 sync yet the BT profile is still stuck at my pre ADSL2+ rate of 6500!
I've obviously raised the issue with PN both on here and as a ticket but so far nothings's changed.
I think we could do with greater public transparency from BT Wholesale and their influence on our connections.
Reading a reply to my PN ticket the BT response was to get PN to get me to check my routers's firmware version - this seems to typify a large organisations attitude to the likes of us  - blame the public for their own faults.
I wonder if anyone knows the real methods BT use to allocate speeds - I'll bet it varies on how proactive the ISP is (or maybe how much they pay BT?)
Of course none of this information will get out so that we can have an informed choice.
Can't wait for the day that cable arrives accross the country and BT is dissolved!
Good luck,
Simon
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Simon,
Yeah that's definitely failed to update, even though we requested the upgrade to 15000 on the 21st. Rami is calling them now to get this sorted for you.
gkmanning

After a a couple of weeks of acceptable operation this fault has re-appeared now back to router sync'ing at >6Mbps and the BT speedtest saying the IP profile is 135Kbps ... Ticket has been updated again !!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gkmanning,
It looks like this has been picked up for you? Please let us know how it goes.