cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent broadband connection

charis264

Inconsistent broadband connection

Hi,

I have joined this site because despite trying multiple browsers and turning all ad block and anti virus software off, I still can't get through to anyone on the online chat and it's been a couple of days.

For about 48 hours now the router will repeatedly flash the wifi and broadband lights, and the internet ceases to work on connected devices. As soon as it reconnects a speed test will show nothing wrong with it, but it's repeatedly turning itself on and off. We've been connected for about 2-3 weeks now and experienced no issues, was pleasantly surprised by the consistency of the service. The speed was lower than advertised but that's not what I needed internet for. As we occasionally play online games, the fact that the internet turns off for a couple of seconds and then turns back on boots people out of the games they are in and also disallows me from editing university work using google docs.

I'm having to use bt-fon internet for hours of the day because it wont stay connected to the plusnet. I'm paying a really decent amount of money for this and cannot have a service which doesn't work.

Best Wishes,

Charis

Edit: Clarification

3 REPLIES 3
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Inconsistent broadband connection

I believe Live Chat is not working having been turned off by PlusNet over a week ago so that staff could deal with high phone call volumes, doesn't make much sense to me and a lot of folk are not happy about it.

charis264

Ah, how irritating. I have certain reasons as to why I find it pretty difficult to do this kind of thing over the phone, and had semi decided upon plusnet because of the fact they apparently offered great online customer service. 

Thanks very much for the information though! Shame it has to come from a fellow customer and not a staff member!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Charis,

Sorry to hear you're having connection problems. It looks like things have stabilised over the past few days.

If you continue to experience drop outs please can you run through the troubleshooting guides here and here and let us knw how you get on?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet