cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inability to arrange a connection

rowanprice22

Inability to arrange a connection

I have been a plusnet customer for two years now and generally the broadband connection is good and the service reliable, however getting Plusnet to actually connect your property or upgrade your service is a nightmare. They seem to have a complete inability to do this. my initial order took the best part of a month to complete despite being given assurances that it would only be 10 days, changing to fibre lead me to being billed for a service that i didn't receive while on a waiting list despite being assured that it would happen imminently. Now i am attempting to move house and once again promised 10 days, revised to a month, have the feeling that this will run on and on as has been the previous experience. Being given the "Its BT, no engineer etc" excuse, but BT can connect me on that day no problem... 

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Inability to arrange a connection

I am very sorry for the delays you're experiencing.

From looking at your account I can see your complaint has been received and the assigned case handler will be contacting you shortly via this ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=154571696

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Inability to arrange a connection

Hi @rowanprice22,

A warm welcome to the forums...

@rowanprice22 wrote:

Being given the "Its BT, no engineer etc" excuse, but BT can connect me on that day no problem... 

When an ISP reports "Its a 'BT' problem then they mean its a BT Openreach (BTOR) who service all of the lines and the available connection ports or BT Wholesale (BTw) who sell BTOR services to all of the ISPs including BT Retail.

BT Retail might believe that they can provide a connection on that day ... until they actually attempt to place an order ... when they are very likely to encounter the exact same supplier (BTw / BTOR) issues Plusnet have reported ... unless BTw / BTOR are showing favouritism to BT Retail ... but of course they don't do that do they ... Ofcom would be oh so miffed if they did!! Wink

Taking over an existing line in a house move is fraught with difficulty - especially if the present line's user has requested their supplier to stop the line.  Until the stop date no supplier can place orders against that line.  As I said BT Retail might believe they can (in principle supply for that date) but until they actually attempt to place an order they do not KNOW the full facts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.