cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im abit confused. help

mike360
Grafter

Im abit confused. help

Hi all im wondering if any of you can help does the wire between the junction box and the Test/Master socket count as my internal wiring?  Im abit confused  

junction box >> white cable >> Test/Master socket (Bt or Ours responsibility)  
Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Im abit confused. help

It's all a bit vague but as far as I know everything before the BT Master socket is theirs.
However, I just helped sort out the wiring in a house and all the sockets (upstairs and downstairs) were connected to the junction box by BT (it used jelly clamp connectors) so I just cut off the upstairs wire at the junction box leaving a single socket connected for the phone, broadband and Sky
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Officially the master socket is the demarcation point, so the junction cable should be BTs to fix - that would need a fault raising on the phone line in order to investigate though.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: mike360
Hi all im wondering if any of you can help does the wire between the junction box and the Test/Master socket count as my internal wiring?

It depends where the junction box is in the circuit.
If it's between the incoming BT cable and the master socket backplate it's definitely BT's.
If it's between the master socket faceplate and your extension sockets it's yours.
Any other configuration and it may be debatable (and incorrectly wired).