Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idle Timeout / Disconnections

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Idle Timeout / Disconnections

It's the Technicolor tg582n - mentioned in one of their many! recent posts.
tomxlisa
Grafter

A BT engineer has been booked for tomorrow now, hopefully they find the fault.
tomxlisa
Grafter

Just had the BT engineer guy here looking at why my line is disconnecting and as far as he is concerned the line looks ok, anyway some good news i've had which i never knew, as i thought my line went straight to the exchange, is he said my line goes too a cabinet first, is there a way to check this cabinet to see if or when it gets enabled for fttc?.
Anotherone
Champion

Why didn't you ask the engineer?
Edit: There is a fairly recent thread on this board where you can enter your details in a link and get info. Have a look for it and try it.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

...or the usual advice of 'put your phone number in here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome'
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All lines go through a cabinet or green box, but as far as I know separate ones are being installed for fibre (could be wrong there but that was my understanding). As others have said, the dslchecker link is the best one for checking fibre availability - if it gives you a speed estimate for fibre then your line is enabled.
tomxlisa
Grafter

I was told by the BT engineer that some lines on the next road, (closer to the exchange) go straight to the exchange without going through any cabinets, FTTC isn't due for my exchange until june so i don't suppose it will be worth checking if my line is enabled until then?.
Anotherone
Champion

The BT engineer was right, some lines go straight the the exchange and will not (at this time anyway) be offered fibre, certainly not FTTC. Whether in the future FTTP will be offered to such premises remains to be seen.