Did you mean: 

Icreasingle slower downloading speed and loss of bandwidth

FIXED
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Icreasingle slower downloading speed and loss of bandwidth

Not a problem @dickg01, keep us updated. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dickg01
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi SammyM: Hub arrived today... Thanks... installation done now waiting (hopefully) for drop-outs to stop and speed to increase. However when I went into the Hub for first admin all of my devices were there plus another one of unknown origin: it is called Slave-Bay3... any thoughts as to what this is please: otherwise all is well so far: Many Thanks dickg-01.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

Slave-Bay3... any thoughts as to what this is please

Does the device have a wired or wireless connection? If I recall Home page will display connected devices and how (wireless or wired), if not Advanced Settings >Home Network >Devices (this will identify the LAN port being used)

If wired just disconnect each cable in turn to see if it goes. You may need to wait a short time for the Hub One to not see the device anymore.

Are you still needing a wireless password to join your network ( WPA2 enabled? ), did you change the name to be what the VR400 was or using the Hub One SSID, which ever it would be a know device to you assuming you need a wireless password.

The MAC address search might give a hint as to the network card manufacturer and hopefully the device.

HTH

dickg01
Dabbler

Slave-Bay3:

Shows as a device in Access Control but does not show-up on either wired or wireless connections. I turned all devices on to check and all are present.

I have no other devices in-house.

Did not use old TP Link user or password definitions.

dickg01

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@dickg01 Remember its details, then set access to 'no' or however you disable it - I'm not sure as I don't use PN kit.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

A thought is your Hub One has been used before and the device is from it's previous life.

I would image a full factory reset using the pin hole at the back of the Hub One might clear it.

dickg01
Dabbler

Fix

Hi SammyM: Internet is no longer dropping out with the new Hub so that part of my problem appears to be resolved. It appears that the issue of streaming video from YouTube is now focussed on my LG TV. As i have no issues streaming with my desk-tops or tablet either this issue re drop-outs now resolved on the forum. Thanks to all for the assistance  and to Plusnet for the new Hub: dickg01