cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV Player location problem

Siamesechat

ITV Player location problem

Hi everyone,
Apologies of this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm having some issues with ITV Player. I switched to Plusnet from TalkTalk a few months back, and haven't used ITV Player since (as ITV is mostly rubbish). I have tried to use it again for the first time yesterday, now ITV player is no longer recognising me as being within the UK, and won't allow me to view any content whatsoever. This is consistent across all of my devices. The support people at ITV have been quite unhelpful, replying to my emails once and then going mysteriously quiet on the subject. I was wondering whether this could be an issue with my provider, as this wasn't a problem before I switched. Just for clarification, I'm very definitely within the UK.
Any help for the technologically challenged would be greatly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: ITV Player location problem

This needs fixing by Plusnet
I checked your IP address here http://db-ip.com and it is shown as being in the USA
I have sent an exact link for the staff via Reported Posts
Siamesechat

Oh dear... if only! I'm actually in the north east. Thank you for your help Oldjim 🙂
buseng12
Grafter

Sorry to jump in & hi-jack this.
I've had the same problem for a while now but I think it is a different scenario.
ITV player says my location cannot be found or if I put my postcode in manually it says the server cannot be reached. This happens with different browsers (Chrome & IE12).
Again ITV support seem to have given up after many suggestions have failed to resolve this.
Running the link above confirms my IP address as being in the UK.
One odd thing is that it just seems to affect Windows 8.1 machines (2 of), my iPad & old XP laptop seem to work ok with it. 
I think a Windows 7 laptop is ok as well, so it might not be a P/N issue.
Any ideas would be appreciated though.
The 8.1 machines used to work with it, but suddenly stopped.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To fix the problem
Go to your router http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/bb/?be=0&l0=2&l1=-1 and cliock on disconnect then after a minute or so connect (this doesn't affect your connection to the exchange)
This should change your IP address and hopefully you will not get one in the 146.200 series
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Siamesechat,
I'm really sorry for the problems that Oldjim has highlighted. We're still working on getting this issue resolved - it's high priority.
As Oldjim has mentioned, if you can drop your PPP session you should be assigned an IP address that isn't affected.
Siamesechat

I've done some fiddling about, looks to have worked. Thanks for your help everyone:-)