Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv4 fault

coffeequeen
Dabbler

Re: IPv4 fault

Hi Kevin,
Yes I got it up and running!

The first one is the line running fine then the winds hit and the lines been unstable since
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: plusnettony
It's probably worth sitting on this for a little while.

HI Tony,
I think those plots suggest that there is a marked connectivity issue which needs addressing.

CoffeeQueen,
Well done.  There is detail to be addressed here to make the graphs more useful, but there is enough information here to show that there are a lot of disconnections, the SNRM is higher than one might expect and there might be REIN present, but that can wait until we get the line stable.
Please keep the graphs running, as they provide a valuable visual insight to your service's performance.  Some explanations...
The stats from earlier and the graphs suggest that your TARGET SNRM is 12dB which is double what is considered to be "normal".  The SNRM starts off a little lower than the target and shows some variability, both of these are consistent with expected night time MW/AM interference.  Then you get a disconnect and after a while, there is a reconnection at a slightly lower speed.
The SNRM then "crashes" before dropping synch, which suggests a bad joint causing noise.  There then follows 2+ hours of short duration connections at variable speeds with a high variability of SNRM.
Until your phone (voice) line is "fixed" we are not going to get anywhere with fixing your internet experience.  I suspect that you have a long standing intermittent issue.  It might take time to identify and locate before a fix can be applied.  There is some possibility that there are issues in a number of locations, so do not expect an instant one-visit fix ... though you might get lucky!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

You're right, I'm chasing this now with BTw and OR.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
coffeequeen
Dabbler

Had the OR engineer this morning, replaced the cable between the house entry point and the master socket now I'm getting this:

The best speed its been so far, even faster then the lines supposed to go!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

CQ,
That does look better, though the SNRM is still a bit high.  The line might benefit from a SNRM reset after a few days of stability, which might deliver a slightly faster service.
Please keep an eye on the SNRM graphs.  IIRC my set up instructions, you will find all of the SNRM (noise) graphs in the folder you installed RS in.  Take a look at the graphs in that folder.  Keep watching the level of the SNRM, particularly the dusk and dawn time variations.  Some lines can show as much as 3dB gradual change at these times.  My 51dB lines shows nearly no change.
If your line is very stable, it might be possible to get your SNRM down to 3dB and you might see a synch of 3.5-4.0Mbps.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

coffeequeen
Dabbler

It's was going really good, it was just under 4mbps, until this weekend when it went back to being unstable. I'm not sure if theses are the right graphs, I only have downstream, upstream, Rx noise margin, Rx sync speed, Tx noise margin and Tx sync speed.

It's running at about 20-30dB now, Tony's monitoring the line currently to try and find why
coffeequeen
Dabbler

Hi all, it's that infamous time of year for me again.
After having lost the telephone line just after Christmas and having BT Openreach out on the 4th to fix the line, the speeds have yet again dwindled. Was informed that the wires were too short to reconnect this time so they picked another pair up the post. A day or so after we had strong winds and the internet was on & off and then on the 8th we had a random Openreach visit checking to see if our line was fixed.
Did a BTW Speed test tonight and got:
Download Speed: 0.48
Upload Speed: 0.38
Ping 61.88

Have started running routerstats again

Last time we had problems one of the engineers realised that the line up the post had been hit and thought that the wires were arcing and that's why during the high winds it would go intermittent,so he switched them to a central pair. Now I'm wondering if they've switched us back to damaged ones again  Undecided
cedlor
Grafter

Graphs form this am - no inprovement since?
What is the phone doing?  (quiet line test 17070 option2)
Can you get and post the stats off your router?
Now I'm wondering if they've switched us back to damaged ones again  Undecided

That sounds a likely scenario - could have tested ok when he did it then has failed as previous history
coffeequeen
Dabbler

Quote from: cedlor
Graphs form this am - no inprovement since?

Yes, its 24hr, and no it's currently at mid 15db
What is the phone doing?  (quiet line test 17070 option2)

It seems quiet no noise, crackling etc
Can you get and post the stats off your router?

I think this is what you're after
	Link Information
Uptime: 2 days, 1:35:28
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 2,144
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 262.51 / 3.23
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 17.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 29.0 / 57.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 13.0 / 15.6
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 8 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 2 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 83 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 134 / 3,008
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 10 / 12
HEC Errors (Up/Down): - / 43

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

DLM is 'managing' the line for stability.  Suggest that you raise a slow speed fault report.