cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP profile set at 7.15 mbps Estimated line speed 17 mbps

beazer

IP profile set at 7.15 mbps Estimated line speed 17 mbps

ADSL checker reports that the exchange is now at 17 mbps but the IP profile is set at 7.15 mbps.
I have run many BT speed tests, BT ADSL availability checks and the PN high speed broadband checks and they say the same thing. The line is not dropping so why the issue?
------
Estimated line speed:
17Mb (This may vary between 10Mb and 19.5Mb) - Checked on 2015-09-26 08:53:08
Current line speed:
7.15 Mb
-------
How do I change this?
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: IP profile set at 7.15 mbps Estimated line speed 17 mbps

If you put your phone number in http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ what does it say about this
"BT have advised that this exchange is enabled for WBC on 21CN"
as it would appear that you are on ADSL1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@beazer
Your exchange has only just been upgraded recently so you haven't been moved across yet.
I'm getting your order placed now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
beazer

Fibre is being rolled out (for those connected via a cabinet) and at the same time I'm told the exchange was upgraded to 17mpbs for ADSL connections. My neighbour has this speed and like me his connection is direct rather than via a cabinet. Apparently BT didn't put routers in the exchange for fibre, only in the green cabinets. Doh!
I would have thought the IP profile would have been moved up as a result but it appears to be stuck.
beazer

Quote from: Matthew
@beazer
Your exchange has only just been upgraded recently so you haven't been moved across yet.
I'm getting your order placed now.

Thanks Matthew.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: beazer
I would have thought the IP profile would have been moved up as a result but it appears to be stuck.

No it is not stuck - you have not been migrated to the new 21CN service.
20CN (ADSL1) is (technically) up to 8Mbps.
21CN (ADSL2/2+) is (commercially) up tp 16Mbps and (technically) up to 24Mbps
How close you get to the technical maximums depends on the length and quality of the line.  It is though very strange that the PlusNet user portal reports an estimated speed not applicable for your present service connection - it all leads to creating the wrong unfulfilled expectations.  Crazy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

beazer

Thanks both @Townman and @Oldjim for your help.
I'm still annoyed by my bragging neighbours who live further away from the exchange but can get fibre and I can't because there is no green box between me and it. How forgetful not to put the right equipment in the exchange for those connected directly...
dick:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Temper the annoyance with the thought of you good luck that your exchange has been upgraded to 21CN.
There are many rural exchanges which have been FTTC upgraded, but have not had 21CN installed, thereby leaving EO subscribers with no improvements at all.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just sent the fault ticket back to you as we know this isn't a fault and we just need to wait for the order to complete on the 8th. Let us know if you have any issues after that date.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.